• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA--Member Houseminers

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Hi,

PSA: Well it appears member Houseminers might be nothing more than a forum copy/paste type of guy.
    Here are 3 different post of his on snipers hide--along with the exact post from 3 different forums posted under 3 different names and locations.

Sincerely,
    Theis

I bought a jgs reamer in late December, they stocked a .375 cheytac. It's got a .100" fb, .4100 neck diameter. It works perfect with the Peterson brass. I bought a set of whidden dies they stock. I had to make a bushing .403". I can seat the cutting edge 400 Lazer and 377 mtac with the sealing band out of the case. I'd think .080 fb would be fine.

From Accurate Shooter:
    wi50 said:
    I bought a jgs reamer in late December, they stocked a .375 cheytac. It's got a .100" fb, .4100 neck diameter. It works perfect with the Peterson brass. I bought a set of whidden dies they stock. I had to make a bushing .403". I can seat the cutting edge 400 Lazer and 377 mtac with the sealing band out of the case. I'd think .080 fb would be fine.

I have used the Brownells lapping tool on dozens of uppers and had about a dozen more turned on lathes. What I have found from my experience comparing hand lapped uppers to those I have had trued up on a lathe, is that one way is as good as the other at truing up the face of the receiver. IMO those telling you the hand lapping will hurt you is them trying to sell you their services based more on them wanting to get your money than any real facts or evidence. I’m highly skeptical of their so called evidence. Also, I have seen repeatedly that both hand lapping and lathe truing will almost assure you have sights zero in near the center of their adjustment range but in neither method have I seen even a tiny improvement in accuracy. Granted, I’ve only compared accuracy in a half dozen builds I did before I started lapping. But of those I did accuracy testing both before and after truing, I saw zero change in accuracy.

I also have not seen any longevity increase because I have never worn out any bolt, carrier, barrel extension or anything else with either method of truing. For me, sights zeroing near their center range of adjustment is enough reason alone for me to continue lapping my uppers.

From AR15:
    Posted: 12/18/2018 4:36:41 PM EDT
    [Last Edit: 12/18/2018 4:37:25 PM EDT by Big-Bore]
    I have used the Brownells lapping tool on dozens of uppers and had about a dozen more turned on lathes. What I have found from my experience comparing hand lapped uppers to those I have had trued up on a lathe, is that one way is as good as the other at truing up the face of the receiver. IMO those telling you the hand lapping will hurt you is them trying to sell you their services based more on them wanting to get your money than any real facts or evidence. I’m highly skeptical of their so called evidence. Also, I have seen repeatedly that both hand lapping and lathe truing will almost assure you have sights zero in near the center of their adjustment range but in neither method have I seen even a tiny improvement in accuracy. Granted, I’ve only compared accuracy in a half dozen builds I did before I started lapping. But of those I did accuracy testing both before and after truing, I saw zero change in accuracy.

I also have not seen any longevity increase because I have never worn out any bolt, carrier, barrel extension or anything else with either method of truing. For me, sights zeroing near their center range of adjustment is enough reason alone for me to continue lapping my uppers.

I picked up a Colt 6320 for ~$900 and it shoots like a dream, totally mil-spec, extension stock... I'm not going to do anything to it but shoot it. I put on a Vortex Spitfire 3x last week and really happy with how the gun and scope performed. I had my first shooting outing last week for the year as range opened for Spring/Summer. Given Colt's financial woes, I am not sure I would recommend this firearms for your needs (can you obtain a large and consistent inventory); however, if one can pick up a few on the cheap - well - they are mil-spec so parts should not be a problem.

From Survival Monkey:
    Bandit99Monkey+++Site Supporter+
    I picked up a Colt 6320 for ~$900 and it shoots like a dream, totally mil-spec, extension stock... I'm not going to do anything to it but shoot it. I put on a Vortex Spitfire 3x last week and really happy with how the gun and scope performed. I had my first shooting outing last week for the year as range opened for Spring/Summer. Given Colt's financial woes, I am not sure I would recommend this firearms for your needs (can you obtain a large and consistent inventory); however, if one can pick up a few on the cheap - well - they are mil-spec so parts should not be a problem.

Reactions: camotoe
    Hi,

PSA: Well it appears member Houseminers might be nothing more than a forum copy/paste type of guy.
    Here are 3 different post of his on snipers hide--along with the exact post from 3 different forums posted under 3 different names and locations.

Sincerely,
    Theis

From Accurate Shooter:
    wi50 said:

From AR15:
    Posted: 12/18/2018 4:36:41 PM EDT
    [Last Edit: 12/18/2018 4:37:25 PM EDT by Big-Bore]

From Survival Monkey:
    View attachment 7056261
    Bandit99Monkey+++Site Supporter+
    You scare me and that not easy to do

@DuneBoer i assume to post on topic content to be able to scam.

I read some of his posts and it didn't scream bs to me. Not near as obvious as the Michael Jackson fan Nigerianfrom a year or two ago.

Reactions: DuneBoer
    Hi,

To appear knowledgeable in getting proper post count to list something expensive for sale at a great price..but he really does not have it.....
    Scammer playbook.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Ok, wow. Never ceases to amaze me what people will do to steal. I have spent obscene amounts of money on this site and never got scammed. Yeah send him down the road.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
    Hi,

@armorpl8chikn
    I have been sitting here for past couple hours trying to figure out what the hell Gus Petch was (Clearly I was not able to watch video until right now). I was trying to write a code to decipher more mountainese but nothing was coming up.

I browsed through several of @Houseminers other post here and he just cannot help himself with his BS copy and paste shit.
    I may have to put some new water in this damn laptop cause it was about to overheat from trying to keep up with how many other forum and its' members he is copying their threads and posting them here.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Yea, easy on the ass nailer.....I not sure if you thought that one out all the way lolol.

Maser....I do not read any of them lol. I found them through data, not reading.
    Just like I do not read Porkey Pigeons but I know that @Bender writes a monthly editorial titled Wicked For Wings.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

This guy is just awesome lol...He cannot even write his own post on saying "No" to something. He even copies that kind of reply lolol.

Sincerely,
    Theis

No. SBRing a pistol (a REAL pistol, not a stockless rifle) is about the dumbest thing you can do. Pistol cartridges don't meaningfully benefit from carbine length barrels, and if you're just adding a stock to a pistol all you get is increased stability and accuracy marginally better but still limited by its pistol cartridge properties. What you don't gain is increased accuracy over longer range or terminal effectiveness, which is what a carbine excels at.

Gazorpazorp
    Basic

• Joined Jun 2014
    • Posts 894
    • EE Offline
    USA
    USA
    group
    Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:51:19 PM EDT

No. SBRing a pistol (a REAL pistol, not a stockless rifle) is about the dumbest thing you can do. Pistol cartridges don't meaningfully benefit from carbine length barrels, and if you're just adding a stock to a pistol all you get is increased stability and accuracy marginally better but still limited by its pistol cartridge properties. What you don't gain is increased accuracy over longer range or terminal effectiveness, which is what a carbine excels at.

Reactions: Bender
    Hi,

This guy is just awesome lol...He cannot even write his own post on saying "No" to something. He even copies that kind of reply lolol.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Gazorpazorp
    Basic

• Joined Jun 2014
    • Posts 894
    • EE Offline
    USA
    USA
    group

Wtf??? Lol, that's weird as hell. Definitely shady, but its almost too funny to stop him yet. He gets up to 100 post count and I'm betting he posts directly to the PX...

What a psycho...

ETA: Wouldnt it take way more time to find relevant replies from other forums to copy and paste than just writing something? I guess if you dont know shit about it that makes sense, gotta be scammin...

Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis

Gazorpazorp
    Basic

• Joined Jun 2014
    • Posts 894
    • EE Offline
    USA
    USA
    group

There was a time I would have carved him up like Christmas turkey over such a comment, let alone the copy and paste shit.
    I'm too old and tired for such shit anymore.
    He makes his own replies. I'm thinking his grasp of engrish is lacking.
    Screenshot_20190407-031554~2.png
    Screenshot_20190407-031548~3.png

Fucker is creepy.

There was a time I would have carved him up like Christmas turkey over such a comment, let alone the copy and paste shit.
    I'm too old and tired for such shit anymore.
    He makes his own replies. I'm thinking his grasp of engrish is lacking.
    View attachment 7056818View attachment 7056819

Fucker is creepy.

The post "railing" against SBR'ed pistols in the sidearms thread did come off as a little...odd to me. I wondered why he was being so passionate about the subject, when the thread had just started and nobody was really "debating" anything yet. OP of that thread just wanted to start a pet project for fun.

Ctrl C

Ctrl V

It’s how I roll...

We use Volusion at work to process and consolidate all project and supply orders so every member of the fulfillment and dispatch office has a dual monitor desktop setup. 99% of their job is CTRL+C from email and vendor portals and CTRL+V onto Volusion's input fields. And we specifically instruct the team to copy / paste and nothing else. A single error in manually typing an address can and will send out a skid or an entire truck to the wrong consignee and that has happened in the past.

So, i know the popular avenue for these copy paste routines are easy credibility scammers, but theres also another subtle war being waged.

Opinion astroturfing.

Imagine being able to buy an army of opinions on your product, and that army is considered to be credible? You can sway public opinion. Thats worth more than its weight in gold to any companies marketing team.

Swap the word “product” with things like legislation, plans, policies, etc.

He goes to every ones house (site) and mines their post's "Houseminer" if he's a Nigerian living with his parents then it should be Houseminor. :)

PS Thies likely has the results from houseminers colostomy

Ya know , I came to the Hide to take my shooting & equipment to the next level for groundhog hunting . The longer I'm here and the more I learn , you guys take EVERYTHING to the next level and beyond ! To catch a scammer BEFORE he has a chance to scam the membership here is just an example of the utmost respect for the staff and members here . Thank you gentleman !

Ya know , I came to the Hide to take my shooting & equipment to the next level for groundhog hunting . The longer I'm here and the more I learn , you guys take EVERYTHING to the next level and beyond ! To catch a scammer BEFORE he has a chance to scam the membership here is just an example of the utmost respect for the staff and members here . Thank you gentleman !

The problem with scammers and one of the main reasons why they frequent firearms oriented sites like this one is because they think like libtards. They have this idea that we are just a bunch of dumb rednecks, thus we are easy to scam or intimidate. When in truth it is exactly the opposite. Many members here in the Hide are from elite military, professional security / LE, and cutting edge weapons R&D backgrounds who have worked with gadgets and equipment that the rest of the public only see in science fiction movies. And then we have experts in every level of skilled blue collar careers who build, fix, and operate cool and highly useful shit for a living. And on top of that we are all shooters, hunters, and sportsmen. Hence why we built this community.

Scammer / gun-grabber logic: Just stroll down the middle of the dusty main road in Dodge City with greatcoat trailed back, head cocked to the side, cigar in your mouth, and six-shooters openly displayed on your belt, and you'll make the townsmen respect and fear you.........In the movies, that might look badass. In real life, nobody is impressed. Not in a town where most of the patrons in the saloon will easily outgun you if shit were to earnestly go down.

Last edited:
    You're thinking Tourette syndrome.

Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD), refers to a broad range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication. It's often accompanied with high level function in nonverbal areas like math and deductive problem solving.