• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories PSA: PayPal F&F no longer free for Business accounts

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    Looks like as of July 1, 2022 PayPal is charging fees on F&F transactions.... if sending money to users with a Business account. Many, including myself, did not seen this news.

Given how popular sending funds via PayPal F&F is on the Hide, everyone should confirm / disclose in their PX listing if they are using Business or Personal accounts so there is no confusion.

Screenshot_20220826-092202_Chrome.jpg

Is it charging the sender or the receiver? Seems like that's on the business account holder's end to factor in total cost of the transaction if a fee is being charged. I have not encountered this when sending F&F to a business account, so I'm guessing it's on their end...

Is it charging the sender or the receiver? Seems like that's on the business account holder's end to factor in total cost of the transaction if a fee is being charged. I have not encountered this when sending F&F to a business account, so I'm guessing it's on their end...

To clarify...Yes, it is on the Seller side.

I tried to send funds to someone last night that I've done a transaction with in the past via F&F. However, this time I no longer had the option to select "Friends & Family". It defaulted to "Goods and Services" and I could not switch it. When I contacted the person about it they confirmed their PayPal account is a Business account. In this case, Sellers that are providing a PayPal address that is a Business account should factor that into their listing price on PX because they will be charged Fees even if the Buyer pays via F&F.

I can see a S*** hit the fan and finger pointing from (some) Sellers that were not aware of this change.