• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors PSA, re: Silencerco ASR brake/mount AC1961 (11/16-24)

BurnOut

DDOJSIOC
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
Dallas
Long story short, if you plan on installing a SiCo 11/16-24 ASR mount, be aware that the wrench flats on the brake are pretty much perfectly fitted by a 22mm wrench. Nominally, SiCo probably intended for users to use a 7/8" wrench, but 22mm was a much tighter fit.

Short story long, I got this brake for installation onto my Ruger American Ranch in 450 Bushmaster (factory muzzle threads), and when I went to use one of those AR15/AR10 multi-purpose tools to tighten the brake only to find that neither of the muzzle device installation "wrenches" on the tool fit the wrench flats on the SiCo brake. Out come the calipers to measure the flats, and presto, nearly dead on 22mm.

Just something to be aware of if you're a DIY gun guy but don't have many other tools at hand.

Last edited: