• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors PSA Regarding Product Availability and Backorders at Silencer Shop

SilencerShop

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
Austin, TX
www.silencershop.com
Hey, Silencer Shoppers and NFA Enthusiasts.

2020 is shaping up to be the largest year the NFA industry has seen thus far, and by a large margin. From all of us on the supply side of the NFA, thank you for buying nearly everything we carry. It is no secret that inventory is hard to come by right now. We are here to give you the 411 on how to best position yourself to buy your next silencer with minimal headache and wait. Let’s address a few key points:
  • Demand has increased drastically and is currently larger than supply, with no end in sight.
  • 2020 is an election year, compounded with an organic and unprojected spike in demand, resulting in elevated sales, well above forecasts, across the NFA industry.
  • Manufacturers are currently producing at peak capacity.
  • Industry-wide supply shortages are purely due to uncharacteristically large demand levels that exceed aggregate manufacturing capacity.
Due to these factors, product may seem hard to come by. Rest assured, as the largest silencer distributor in the US, Silencer Shop is working with our manufacturing partners to get you the product you demand as quickly as possible.

So, the obvious question is - how do you buy a silencer in this environment? Here’s how to best take advantage of the situation:
  • Buy a back-ordered item. If you purchase a backorder then you will be automatically assigned a serial number once the inventory arrives -- this is on a first in, first out basis.
  • Add yourself to an item’s wishlist. We will email you as soon as inventory is available. Keep in mind that if the back-order list exceeds inventory inbound then you will not be notified until backorders are fulfilled -- accessories are also wishlist items.
  • Check your local gun store (LGS). We are a distributor and our team has worked hard to get inventory into a LGS near you.
Remember we have an entire customer support team dedicated to helping you answer your questions as well as find you the perfect silencer. Feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us at 512.931.4556. Be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, as we are bringing on new manufacturers.

Thanks for the info; any idea on when items might be available to purchase again?

Thanks for the info; any idea on when items might be available to purchase again?
We are getting new shipments in every day. I suggest if you have your eye on something specific, either place a backorder or sign up for the back in stock notification. This will send you an email alert as soon as that item has come available. We are also keeping everyone updated with back in stock notifications on our subreddit (r/silencershop) - if you ever peruse the reddit forums, take a look there.

We are getting new shipments in every day. I suggest if you have your eye on something specific, either place a backorder or sign up for the back in stock notification. This will send you an email alert as soon as that item has come available. We are also keeping everyone updated with back in stock notifications on our subreddit (r/silencershop) - if you ever peruse the reddit forums, take a look there.
Can you order non-stocking items for customers? I am interested in an Energetic Armament VOX S or LUX, but yall do not stock them, but I want to go through yall, because all my info & fingerprints, from my 3 other can purchases, is already on-file, so it would make life A LOT easier if I can just order from yall... PM me if you prefer to discuss this outside of the open forum. Thanks!

Can you order non-stocking items for customers? I am interested in an Energetic Armament VOX S or LUX, but yall do not stock them, but I want to go through yall, because all my info & fingerprints, from my 3 other can purchases, is already on-file, so it would make life A LOT easier if I can just order from yall... PM me if you prefer to discuss this outside of the open forum. Thanks!
If you are purchasing an item from a manufacturer or dealer outside of our network, you just have to have the item transferred to one of our Poweredby Silencer Shop dealers in order to leverage our system. You can use our "Class 3 Finder" to locate a dealer near you.

Reactions: FuhQ and stefan73
Hey, Silencer Shoppers and NFA Enthusiasts.

2020 is shaping up to be the largest year the NFA industry has seen thus far, and by a large margin. From all of us on the supply side of the NFA, thank you for buying nearly everything we carry. It is no secret that inventory is hard to come by right now. We are here to give you the 411 on how to best position yourself to buy your next silencer with minimal headache and wait. Let’s address a few key points:
  • Demand has increased drastically and is currently larger than supply, with no end in sight.
  • 2020 is an election year, compounded with an organic and unprojected spike in demand, resulting in elevated sales, well above forecasts, across the NFA industry.
  • Manufacturers are currently producing at peak capacity.
  • Industry-wide supply shortages are purely due to uncharacteristically large demand levels that exceed aggregate manufacturing capacity.
Due to these factors, product may seem hard to come by. Rest assured, as the largest silencer distributor in the US, Silencer Shop is working with our manufacturing partners to get you the product you demand as quickly as possible.

So, the obvious question is - how do you buy a silencer in this environment? Here’s how to best take advantage of the situation:
  • Buy a back-ordered item. If you purchase a backorder then you will be automatically assigned a serial number once the inventory arrives -- this is on a first in, first out basis.
  • Add yourself to an item’s wishlist. We will email you as soon as inventory is available. Keep in mind that if the back-order list exceeds inventory inbound then you will not be notified until backorders are fulfilled -- accessories are also wishlist items.
  • Check your local gun store (LGS). We are a distributor and our team has worked hard to get inventory into a LGS near you.
Remember we have an entire customer support team dedicated to helping you answer your questions as well as find you the perfect silencer. Feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us at 512.931.4556. Be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, as we are bringing on new manufacturers.

Anyone know about how long a Omega 36m is backordered for? Ordered about 2 months but I’m hearing some people are waiting 8