• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PSA: Swarovski Reticle Confusion Code Cracked

JINKSTER

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Quick Backstory: I bought this Swarovski AV 3-10X42 scope new about 15 years ago and had it mounted to an FN PBR then hard time hit and I sold the package to a friend well?...about a month ago small talk ensued where I discovered he never even shot it so I bought it back from him and proceeded to mount a more suitable tact/turret scope to the FN PBR and mounted the 3-10 Swaro AV to my beloved Ruger all weather in .270win which is regularly shooting sub moa with Berger 140gr bullets and with a recent addition of a Vortex Razor 4000 HD LRF to my kit?...I decided to get serious about studying the owner's manual and making the most of this Swarovski's 4A Reticle and that's where things went sideways as I encountered some some numbers that didn't jive and as it turns out?....I conclude Swaro has a major Typo in their owners manual in that if I bump the numbers in inches against the numbers in centimeters?....they don't concur with each other.

I went to the net and google confirmed I wasn't alone in my confusion regarding Swaro's breakdown of their own reticles resulting in zero answers/explanations and leaving me still scratching my head of what the heck is going on here where the header the Columns with (in/cm) yet the inches don't match the centimeters well folks?....I contend that Swaro's Column Headers should read (in/mrad) (1mrad=.36") because then?...the math works and the chart makes sense where for example?....my main elevation reference is "Measurement B" (the vertical post opening) which reads...

21.6-7.2 (Inches @3X-@10X respectively)
60-20 (what Swaro is incorrectly calling "centimeters")
SWARO1.JPG

SWARO2.JPG

Where 60 x's .36 (a mrad) does in fact = 21.6 inches and/or?...7.2"/20 does in fact equal .36 (1 mrad) and now things make perfect sense.

I hope this helps others who like to make the most of their Swarovski reticles because Swaro does make some fine glass...they just need to get their tech writer/typo's in hand.