• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA - You Are Responsible for Maintaining Your Place at the Top of the Food Chain

SharpsNitro

Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
Arizona
Pretty crazy black bear attack recently near Prescott, AZ. Bear was looking to make the victim a meal. Sad the guy died. I think the people who say “play dead if a brown/grizzly bear attacks and fight for your life if a black bear attacks“ are right.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10ring'r
I watched a documentary a few years ago where a 200lb black bear attacked a kid. Before someone could get a gun into the situation, the bear killed his mom and 2 full grown men who came to help. Sure, you should fight, but if that black bear wants you dead and all you have are your hands, you're just going to get him excited and you'll die tired.

Well, I don't go anywhere ever without a gun. Predators everywhere now of all kinds and I just don't feel safe or prepared if I'm not armed. That said, I have never been much of a camper or wood dweller especially where critters might wanna eat me/kill me. I'm all impressed with folks like my borhter who will hunt where there are animals that want to kill you or will swim with sharks. Not me.

VooDoo

If you think about it this is essentially selfish and arrogant . Refusing to be responsible for your own safety . It's akin to saying let someone else jeopardize their life to take care of me .
Same argument around gun control . Same dumbasses that won't go into neighborhood X because it's dangerous . Newsflash . Residents of that neighborhood will come into your neighborhood .

If you think about it this is essentially selfish and arrogant . Refusing to be responsible for your own safety . It's akin to saying let someone else jeopardize their life to take care of me .
Same argument around gun control . Same dumbasses that won't go into neighborhood X because it's dangerous . Newsflash . Residents of that neighborhood will come into your neighborhood .
Well said.
Within the article it stated bystanders tryed to intervene w shouts and horn blows..........

Get the fuck otta here, what a bunch of pussys.
I don't take a shit on my own toilet w out heat on me

Friend that used to live in Prescott said that it was in a rural, forested subdivision with lots around 2 acres.

I saw a program (I Was Attacked?) a few years ago, they had a guy who was nearly killed by a black bear while walking his dog after dark in the driveway to his cabin (was in lake Wenatchee, WA). Fought it off three times before his family heard him screaming for help and helped him get away. He survived but it was life altering, you could see the damage to his face and head even after all of the surgeries, lost an eye during the attack too.

Closest I’ve been to a bear was while riding a trail up in the Whistler Bike Park. Cruising along and saw an animal going along ahead of me, my first thought was “dogs aren’t allowed on the mountain” when I hit the brakes to avoid hitting it from behind. It was a big cinnamon colored black bear. Fortunately, he took off off the trail, I was alone so would have been screwed if he had wanted to do something. At least I had on a full face helmet and some armor.

Funny how the same mentality didn’t really surface much in the shark attack thread (at least not that I saw). Were I to surf or dive the ocean, I’d have a knife on me. Most sharks are opportunistic hunters, a few stabs and they’d back off.

Brown bear are a little more persistent. I’d absolutely carry when hiking, even if it’s just a hot Buffalo Bore load in 9mm or something. Anything’s better than nothing at all when going up against angry/hungry wild life five times your size…

I was in Prescott yesterday.
No bears in sight.

But yeah, as said above - going into the bear's habitat without a means of defense is not very smart.

Here's one at the Safeway:

bear safeway2.jpg

Mountain lions are pretty common here too, and those fuck ugly rat/pig things.

Sad but I have no idea why people go in the woods without a firearm, even more so when the animals in that area can kill hell out of you.

You should look at what passes for "horror fiction" on the creepypasta sites these days. ALWAYS featuring soyboy, emotional, good for nothing "protagonists" who curl up into a ball and cry when the monster is killing and eating everybody at the campsite/frat house. It seems like people WANT to be a victim. We are doubleplus fucked as a society with this kind of mentality going around.

You should look at what passes for "horror fiction" on the creepypasta sites these days. ALWAYS featuring soyboy, emotional, good for nothing "protagonists" who curl up into a ball and cry when the monster is killing and eating everybody at the campsite/frat house. It seems like people WANT to be a victim. We are doubleplus fucked as a society with this kind of mentality going around.
Most don't have masculine fathers to teach them how to defend themselves. Feminine dads and single mom ruin boys and societies.

Most don't have masculine fathers to teach them how to defend themselves. Feminine dads and single mom ruin boys and societies.

This + brain-killing stupid shit on social media and Tiktok. Guys in the breakroom yesterday talking about how kids in the UK and Australia are doing the "chroming challenge" AKA huffing sprayed solvents from plastic bags. The "challenge" is to knock yourself out with one deep inhale and posted on live. Several students in Australia already died. One kid was in a coma and braindead for 2 weeks before they pulled the plug. It was a can of methyl ethyl ketone lacquer stripper that she tried to huff.
smiley_freak.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mwalex
This + brain-killing stupid shit on social media and Tiktok. Guys in the breakroom yesterday talking about how kids in the UK and Australia are doing the "chroming challenge" AKA huffing sprayed solvents from plastic bags. The "challenge" is to knock yourself out with one deep inhale and posted on live. Several students in Australia already died. One kid was in a coma and braindead for 2 weeks before they pulled the plug. It was a can of methyl ethyl ketone lacquer stripper that she tried to huff.
smiley_freak.gif

whats wrong with a little encouragement then? Solves a longer term problem IMO...

I don't think lack of a masculine father caused this 67 year old boomer to get eaten by a bear.

Nah, that was a catastrophic lack of common sense judgement. Some dude standing on an electric scooter checking his phone, RIGHT IN THE LOADING DOCK ENTRYWAY of our shop almost got creamed by a truck backing in to pick up empty pallets this morning. Mofo was just standing there until both the driver blasted his horn and the warehouse guys yelled at his ass to move.
smiley_freak.gif

for some reason this just seems like a good example of why we need to bear arms. Bears have some pretty strong arms, claws and teeth.

Nah, that was a catastrophic lack of common sense judgement. Some dude standing on an electric scooter checking his phone, RIGHT IN THE LOADING DOCK ENTRYWAY of our shop almost got creamed by a truck backing in to pick up empty pallets this morning. Mofo was just standing there until both the driver blasted his horn and the warehouse guys yelled at his ass to move.
smiley_freak.gif
And the bear would have got him without somebody there to warn him...

Despite being nearly next door, it seems he was not familiar with the Gunsite bear rules

• Be alert.
  • Do not regard bears as cuddly. They are large, strong, dangerous animals, and upon occasion they can be very fierce.
  • Never enter bear country without a powerful weapon and the skill to use it well.
  • Do not pitch your camp on a bear run.
  • Be alert.
Be alert, lerts have more fun,

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
He should have known where he was camped at, had a large game rated firearm on him at any time and all times, and be on constant vigilance regarding his surroundings.
The last camping trip I went on - instead of bears - had a good sized mountain lion stalking our previous hike's tracks.... as in big cat paw prints on top of the prints our boot's left. Yeah, we had fire watch with thermals. LOL

It's a popular hiking area and a lot of people live out there. Fish and Game is pretty good about killing them when they get too close to town but there's a lot of Demoncrats out here now who think they are cute, they should be spared/relocated etc so in a few years it'll probably be like Tahoe with the animal rights freaks protecting the bears.

A Kabar (isn’t that how the company rebranded itself)
And/or an LAR Grizzly in .45wm bear problem solved.
I like the idea of the LAR GRIZZLY in 45 WM. But there aren't to many of them around anymore. Have to settle for the 10mm with some 220 grain Hardcaste ammo.

Reactions: corsairpilot62
Little old 9mm has been shown to be extremely effective during actual documented bear attacks. Just carry something, anything, at all times.

Im with Mike. I dont even crap at home without a gun.

Im much less worried about bears than people though.
Have been within 20 feet of bears many times. (Like take off yer shoes to count, and yer wife, and some kids)
Never been charged.

I carry a big powerful pistol on me in bear country anyways.
Stays on my body while cleaning critters too.

Was stalked by a mtn lion in Jan 2022 carrying out a quartered deer on a late season doe hunt.
Going back for 2nd deer any finding those tracks was a little creepy.
And cool.
I rather nature happen than a droopy pant banger doin the spray n pray takin me out.

I'm in agreement with what has been mentioned. When I'm in the woods, whether riding/hiking/camping, the ol'45 gets some 230gr. FMJ. When I have to venture into the concrete jungle, it gets swapped back to 230gr. HP ammo. Nature can be a bitch but, society can be a whole lot bitchier. Mac;)

Poor fucking bear, dindonufin. He just wants to turn his life around.