• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PST owners

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Some of you guys have had your PSTs for some time now. I would be interested to hear how they are holding up in terms of durability. Not looking for another review. Several members have provided those already. Just curious if you are sill happy with your purchase? If you have had to send it back to Vortex for some reason or another? And, if everything is still functioning as advertised. The fetures and the above average glass have me considering one of these. I guess in a nutshell what I am looking for some reason not to buy one... Thanks guys.

Re: PST owners

Mine is still going strong. I had to send mine to Vortex due to dust in the reticle, but it was fixed withing a week and back to me. Still happy with my purchase.

I have two that have seen plenty of use & real world field use. No troubles at all.... bounced one off the steel rack of a 4 wheeler... no worries.

Have/had 3 of them, two 6-24 and one 4-16. I sold the 4-16 because I preferred the 6-24. My first 6-24 went back for specs on the glass and a parallax adjustment; the 4-16 had the once over because the previous owner had loosened the objective ring and the focus was out of whack. Of course the Vortex CS was outstanding. My second 6-24 seems GTG so far.,

The first 6-24 has been through a few matches, one drop, lives on a 7mm mag and has performed perfectly.

I put mine on my 338LM, I sold it but not for a reason of not being happy with it. It held zero and tracked just fine for the time I had it, which wasn't long but I figure it's worth the post to say I think it's a great scope for the price point.

We have 2 of them (4x16x50) and used them on our long range pistols for the 1000 yard plate matches all summer. Had to return them shortly after getting them, both for dust particles and one also had it's reticle rotate slightly. Could of been due to being on the 260 pistols (XP-100) and possibly a different type of recoil but they always tracked perfect and returned exactly where they should at a match.

Only thing I would of liked different is a thinner crosshair since it nearly will cover up an 8" target at 1000 yards.

We'd get them again, good value for the money we think.

Topstrap

I got the 4-16x50 and love it, I would definitely buy one again

I have a 1-4x24.

Seems ok. I'm not going to rave about it because I have not had it long enough to warrant any useful claims.

I have already run into a few complications with the illumination. On some occasions it turns off and on with slight vibrations.

The scope itself is made in the Philippines which as we all know is not the same as Japan or the USA. I do not know if the other models are made there, but the 1-4x24 is.

So far I rate the scope as a plus. I hope it last for a very long time.

The rubber on mine is flacking bad. Gets black specs on the glass.
I requested a new rubber piece from Vortex, but they never sent it.
They said there were going so send me a new one, but it's been 4 months now.

I have a 4-16 and it trakes perfectly.
Lost the brass shims for the zero stop.
Called Vortex to <span style="font-weight: bold">buy </span>some, and they said they would send me some at no charge.
That is great CS !

My illumination isn't working right. Even when off, it continues to drain the battery. I've talked to Vortex and have no doubt they'll make it right. I just haven't sent it in yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oubeta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rubber on mine is flacking bad. Gets black specs on the glass.
I requested a new rubber piece from Vortex, but they never sent it.
They said there were going so send me a new one, but it's been 4 months now.

</div></div>

Most assuredly once Scott of some other Vortex employee see's your post you will be shipped one pronto. Probably just an oversight; it happens.

I was one of the lucky few to get one of the first batch. I recieved my scope on 7-1-10, have used it as much as I could since then, but not as much as I would have liked to. Flawless performance, and still one of my favorite scopes. Almost bought a second one, until I saw the new SS, which now sits in my cave awaiting a rifle to be mounted on.

I'm still as happy today with my 6-24 as the day I bought it. I've had it about 7-8 months and fire around 500 rounds with it. I love it.

Bought mine on the Hide and arrived broken. Called CS and they said send it in. A brand new one was on my porch in exactly one week! Now have about 400 rounds down the pipe and it is well worth the money. Bought a Crossfire for my 10/22 and it is bright and clear.
I'm getting a new stick and it is going to wear a Razor. I'm sold on Vortex.

Thanks guys. Sounds like their customer service is excellent. I will get grabbing one up here soon. Hopefully I will find a used 4-16 here on the hide.