• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PT&G bottom metal

Re: PT&G bottom metal

I don't know x2. I think I'll be picking one up next month with an aluminum firing pin and shroud so I'll ask about a DBM when I call
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will they make a DBM bottom metal system soon? </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do these stack up against Badger Ordnance?</div></div>

I've used the SS BDL Bototm Metal and it's good stuff. Very sturdy.

you have any info on inletting the stock that may help or is it a "straight" drop in?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used the SS BDL Bototm Metal and it's good stuff. Very sturdy. </div></div>

Should drop in, I think he makes it as a factory replacement. The one I installed was in a take off stock, I had to inlett it a little but, it had the Winchester Mod 70 style prior.

Whats to gain by using a PT&G bottom metal as opposed to rem 700 bdl bottom metal? I am just trying to learn something here? Does the sturdier bottom metal help accuracy any? Lee

i've seen a BDL trigger guard that was broken (somehow recoiled into a rock) and one that had one of the action screws pulled through the hole. this won't happen with good bottom metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats to gain by using a PT&G bottom metal as opposed to rem 700 bdl bottom metal? I am just trying to learn something here? Does the sturdier bottom metal help accuracy any? Lee </div></div>
It's just plain beefy, The factory BM is crappy metal an quality aftermarket pieces are machined. They are generally stronger and more durable.

once you get a quality piece in your hands, youll know the difference.

like the difference between an EGW $40 rail and a $150 badger rail.

like the difference between a hammer you buy from rite aid and a hammer you buy from home depot.

apples n' oranges

you are right it is hard to explain spending 200 or so dollars on bottom metal but when you do get it in hand you understand