• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pt&g dbm conversion kit experience

PBR-XP FAN

7.62 Bolt-Gun Fan
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2013
Buford, GA
To all the 'Hiders out there, I would like to get your opinions/experience on the PT&G DBM Conversion Kit.
What was your experience as far as installation goes, and how reliable has the ammo feeding from the
magazine to the receiver been?

I'm asking because I'm considering installing one of the PT&G DBM Kits on my FN PBR-XP .308 bolt gun.

Any info you guys can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Vaughan a.k.a. PBR-XP FAN

I installed a PTG DBM kit in a Boyd's Tacticool stock with very little issue. It is not a high round count rifle, but it has been 100% on feed and function.

Depending on the version you are better off having a reputable gunsmith inlet your stock for you. They put it in a mill do it correctly, they can ensure the angles are square/true to ensure correct feeding. I bought a PTG Stealth and was going to try it myself, but I found a local smith that will do it for me for $50 (he is giving me $50 trade in on my stock 700 bottom metal, so normal price is $100) that's pretty cheap insurance considering it's going into a $350 stock. I am sure you can find someone in Georgia that is close that can do it. They really need the whole gun. I was going to have Phoenix Precision do it until I found the local guy. That saves me about $100 shipping.

Last edited:
I had the PTG Stealth inletted in a Bell and Carlson Meadalist stock that I shot for about two years before I decided to upgrade. I was using the Alpha magazines with the setup and and didnt really care for how the combo worked together. The rounds did not feed all that smoothly and would occasionally hang up. Now I will say I feel like this was more of a problem with the magazines than the bottom metal. I never had any AI magazines to try in this setup to see.

As for the bottom metal itself I felt like it was pertty good for the price but since have gone with Badger bottom metal and havent looked back.

Also if you are in fact looking for a quality smith I would highly recommend contacting Mark at Accurate Ordnance. They arent very far from you down in Winder and well worth the drive to stop by and talk to them about your build.

I have the CDI metal installed on my FN-SPR DBM and the PTG on a Remington 700 (.223) and both feed slick and smooth without any issues. I know on my FN the receiver needed a slight clearance cut to clear the AI- AICS magazine. The Remington needed nothing using the PTG bottom metal. If the pillar height is correct and the bottom metal is installed correctly you should not have any problems feeding.

I would use the AI magazines.

[video=youtube;jxHh-qnI30A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxHh-qnI30A[/video]