• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PTG DBM...Stealth or Flush version?

chainring

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2008
TEXAS
Is it basically aesthetic preference, or is there a functional difference?

Does the extended Stealth aid in finding the magwell in a reload? Stabilize the mag better? Same M5 footprint, correct?

Re: PTG DBM...Stealth or Flush version?

I think it would be cool to take the Stealth model, and hog out one side of it akin to the AIAX, so you can slide the mag into the side of the bottom metal, then up and in.

I have both styles at McMillan for inletting of my A5. The flush mount was not an M5 inlet. Close but different. So I sent in the Stealth and it fits the M5 inlet perfectly. The flush version will be going back. Very strange.
laugh.gif

Regards, Paul

Are the PTG bottom metals compatible with AW magazines?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wburke2010</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It makes it nice when it sticks out below the stock because if you are shooting off a barricade then the you could have a problem with feeding.

Walter </div></div>

I concur with Mr. Burke. The stealth is nice to ram up against a barricade and not worry about the messing up the magazine or feeding. Drops right into the M5 inlet for 1/3 of the price of the M5... I love you Pacific Tool and Gauge, my fellow Oregonians.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the PTG bottom metals compatible with AW magazines? </div></div>

Sorry man, dunno I only have used AICS and they run in the PTG like a scalded dog.

I hope that PT&G keeps these at The same price point, otherwise you could choose any of them since they all do the same thing. Hopefully they see the logic of selling MORE at a lower price than some at a higher price. Because of cost the PT&G stealth will be my got to DBM of choice. Got one on my GAP Rock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both styles at McMillan for inletting of my A5. The flush mount was not an M5 inlet. Close but different. So I sent in the Stealth and it fits the M5 inlet perfectly. The flush version will be going back. Very strange.
laugh.gif

Regards, Paul </div></div>

Thant is strange. PTG shows it is an M5 inlet on their webpage, and they told me it was M5 inlet over the phone last week.

Nice to know you have had them both in-hand, I was going to have a stock inletted to M5 dimensions for the flush style. I think i'll wait until I get it and hand-fit the bottom metal instead of just inletting for M5.

Thanks for the heads up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Woodyguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both styles at McMillan for inletting of my A5. The flush mount was not an M5 inlet. Close but different. So I sent in the Stealth and it fits the M5 inlet perfectly. The flush version will be going back. Very strange.
laugh.gif

Regards, Paul </div></div>

Thant is strange. PTG shows it is an M5 inlet on their webpage, and they told me it was M5 inlet over the phone last week.

Nice to know you have had them both in-hand, I was going to have a stock inletted to M5 dimensions for the flush style. I think i'll wait until I get it and hand-fit the bottom metal instead of just inletting for M5.

Thanks for the heads up! </div></div>

I have 3 of them, all have fit perfectly in a M5 inlet. No additional inletting required. These are good pieces of equipment for the cost.

I can only speak to the ones 'non flush' model and it fits the M5 inlet pretty damned nicely. I like that it gives a little more protection to the magazine right where it enters the stock as I am known to lay my rifle over things and bump up against the mag well.

Alright, ordered the Stealth with 10 rd AI mag from Stocky's. Thanks y'all. Stock heads for GAP to be inlet on Monday.

Yes I talked to the guys at McMillan and they had never seen one like it in all their dealings. Maybe I got a prototype somehow.
confused.gif
Just my luck.
laugh.gif

Regards, Paul