• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ptg " military style" dbm

Eblade2004

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Southern Maine
I'm considering purchasing one of the Ptg " military style " dbm's for a long action remington 700 in 300 win mag, mostly because its sold as a drop in unit and comes with a mag for 199$. My question is has anyone used this setup? Any problems? I was going to go Cdi but by the time I have the stock inletted and buy a mag I'm at almost 2x the price of the Ptg. The reason I like a dbm is because I shoot right hand bolt guns left handed due to a unfortunate work accident Years ago where i lost a good portion of my right hand. Which naturally makes it a pain to load a internal box lefty over the scope. I appreciate any input, thanks.

Im interested too. I have a T5 with BDL foot print that id like to buy this for if its a true drop in.

I have the short action bdl stealth dbm in a hs precision. my experience was not "drop-in" fit. While completely pleased with the dbm now, it was pretty frustrating initially to get it feeding properly. There should be a thread in the equipment section describing issues some of us we're having with the drop in dbm.

Have it in a McMillan stock with a BDL inlet, dropped right in and works great. The mags are Accurate mag 3.75" 300wm, AI mags Don't work properly. Very happy with the BM.

Have it in a McMillan stock with a BDL inlet, dropped right in and works great. The mags are Accurate mag 3.75" 300wm, AI mags Don't work properly. Very happy with the BM.

Thanks man, Ill be ordering one and a few mags this week!

I just wanted to update my post and add that I have purchased this dbm for my remington long range 300 win mag and I am very happy with it. The fit in the bdl inlet was perfect, and it feeds flawlessly. I don't think it can be beat for 200$, magazine included.
5fd9e28bd46040b15f512e7d26ab5972_zps1b1d5571.jpg

Last edited:
I should also add that the magazine was a very tight fit until I had it in and out of the bottom metal a couple dozen times, after that I noticed it smoothed up.