• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTG or Accurate mag bottom metal in savage 110

Kjclark45

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
I am am in the beginning stages of making another stock for my savage 110. On this one I would like to have a detachable magazine that received AICS style mags. After reading reviews I’m trying to decide between PTG and Accurate-mag. I like the idea of a one piece bottom metal and trigger guard on the PTG but have seen mixed reviews. Any input from those that have either or any other suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!

PTG has a pretty bad reputation here, both for being unpleasant to deal with, and for selling parts that they haven't even manufactured yet, leading to unbelievably long lead times to get your order. Accurate-mag is likely a better choice for that reason alone, though since I don't have any first hand experience with their gear, I won't make any claims about quality, for better or worse.

If your 110 is a bottom bolt release then your only option is ptg. If it’s a top bolt release I would go with accurate mags bottom metal. I have a ptg on a bbr savage and it does work good but the mag release lever and spring just doesn’t work the greatest. One thing I wish all bottom metals would come with is either an adjustable mag catch or at the very least a long mag release that can be shortened to adjust mag height.

Tagging...looking for my .300 WSM as well.
Atlasworxs also makes Savage bottom metal, but I haven't seen any first hand reviews on it.

I have had both the PT&G and Accurate Mag DBM, they both work as advertised so I recommend the Accurate Mag because they actually have shit in stock if they say they do unlike PT&G who will sell shit that they won’t actually make for a few months.

Reactions: Steel head
Tagging...looking for my .300 WSM as well.
Atlasworxs also makes Savage bottom metal, but I haven't seen any first hand reviews on it.
I read Good things in the Atlasworxs and was leaning that way but couldn’t find any that they made for long action.