• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTG Stealth Bottom Metal

Little Z28

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Bedford, PA
Has anyone installed this PTG bottom metal? For $129 plus magazines, how's it compare to other more expensive bottom metals? Interested in saving a little where I can if possible. I know lots of folks like PTG's other offerings, myself included, just curious to see how the fit, finish and function is.

Thanks...

Re: PTG Stealth Bottom Metal

As long as you like the extended magwell it is just as nice as any of the other systems out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Little Z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone installed this PTG bottom metal? For <span style="font-weight: bold">$129</span> plus magazines, how's it compare to other more expensive bottom metals? Interested in saving a little where I can if possible. I know lots of folks like PTG's other offerings, myself included, just curious to see how the fit, finish and function is.

Thanks... </div></div>

Was there a group buy I missed?

I have a .260 getting built with a Badger M5, but have not tried any dbm's yet. Is the extended mag well on the PTG mostly a cosmetic thing? Does it serve much of a purpose other than looks and maybe keeping the stock from getting dinged up by inserting magazines?

I don't really feel like spending the money on another Badger right now. I'm looking for a more economical alternative to install in an HS Precision stock on another rifle. The one that APA makes looks nice also and is a little better priced.

Thanks folks.