• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTG Stealth DBM

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
How do these compare to other DBM? Are they a good option? They are a hell of a lot cheaper than most. Was wondering about reliability compared to badger, seekins,etc..

I have it on my rifle and it is G2G. I havent had any problems with it and you shouldn't as long as you have a competent gunsmith install it.

I just put one on my Howa 1500 in a B&C stock. It fit better in the stock inlet than the factory Howa bottom metal did. After a little work on the box mag stop tab with a drimmel it is gtg. I am very happy with it. The price just makes it that much sweeter.

I run one, there is no need to question the quality. PT&G make most of the top smiths reamers. There are no tool marks and fit is excellent.

An honest product at an honest price.

I have two, the long action on a Rem. 700 in .280 AI, and a short action on another Rem. 700 in .260 AI. Both work, but the LA was the most trouble free. The short action required inletting of the stock, and as with any bottom metal, hight, of the mag is everything. If it's too high, the bolt drags on the mag and you can't insert a mag with the bolt closed. If it's too low, feeding is un-reliable. The post that recommends you have it installed by a good smith is spot-on. My take is that they are good quality, just need a quality installation. By the way, the long action Bottom metal was a drop-in fit, and has worked and fed flawlessly from day one.
Wayne

Buy it my Man, you want have any complaint, plus $200 extra to spend on ammo.
How do these compare to other DBM? Are they a good option? They are a hell of a lot cheaper than most. Was wondering about reliability compared to badger, seekins,etc..

Where can I find mags for these? On the ptg website all they show are 300 win and 338 lapua in long action I need a 30-06 mag any ideas?