• Site updates coming next Wednesday

The site will be getting down for server maintenance next Wednesday starting at 8am CT. The site is expected to be down all day while we're doing site updates, so very sorry about the inconvenience and if you have any questions let me know!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing PTG Steel Bottm Metal & Sunny Hill etc. Why 3x$$

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
Hi Folks for a build a I have planned my smith has reccomended PTG (pacific tool & gauge)bottom metal, I know Sunny Hill also makes arguably some of the best bottom metal in the business. Is the PTG metal up to it or is there something I will get with the Sunny Hill product that will make it that much better at 3x the price. I have specified steel PTG metal at this stage.............will I even notice the difference after its duracoated black ?

mjh30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
Edmonds Washington
Re: PTG Steel Bottm Metal & Sunny Hill etc. Why 3x$$

PT&G make a quality product, I have used their steel bottom metal on my Rem 700 I think its a good enough, I do feel you will be pleased with its quality and price.

Turk

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2004
Hightaxes,Virginia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Williams. $152 + shipping direct from them. </div></div>
+1

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia

Is there a quality difference between Williams and PTG ??

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia

Thanks folks. I will stick with PTG