• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTG Win model 70 style safety for Rem 700

MLC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2004
Solebury, PA
I had the PTG unit installed on my 223AI and cannot express what an improvement it is over the factory setup.

I first looked into this setup because I had a Shilen trigger installed on my rifle.
The trigger did not have a provision for a bolt stop and also was without a safety.
I had SAC install a side bolt release on my rifle to solve that problem.

The safety has three positions: fire, safe, locked.
In the intermediate position you can still manipulate the bolt with no chance of AD/ND as it locks the firing pin into place.
One giant benefit of the system is that in the intermediate position you can pull the bolt and break it down in seconds without using a jig or the field expedient bootlace technique.
This proved very handy for me last weekend as I had a run of pierced primers that spit a small disc of primer cup into my bolt resulting in light primer strikes.
Clearing debris out the bolt was fast and easy.

If anyone wants an alternative to the factory safety and and the additional benefit of a locked firing pin and easy bolt tear down, this is the setup.