• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTR91 KFM4 question

CE1371

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
AZ/CO
I have the opportunity to purchase a PTR91 with the M4 butt stock. I'm not particularly in love with that stock, I know that the other stocks are removable, but is the M4 butt stock removable as well? I'd rather replace it with a regular stock.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Re: PTR91 KFM4 question

They are removable in the same way as the other PTR stocks. There are two mounting screws on the back, which you can see in the photos.

91KFM4.jpg

91KF.jpg

Have shot it, and if so did you like it, I don't like the recoil impulse the G3 series of rifles, a FAL is a softer shooter and a M1A will smoke it in accuracy, so if a 7.62 battle rifle is what you want IMHO the other two are a better buy.

I already have an M14 which will always be my favorite. I want a battle rifle with a 16" barrel that can easily mount optics and a foregrip.

The FN FAl doesn't really appeal to me.
I could care less about AR10 variants or AR15s for that matter. I use them, doesn't mean I want to own one.