• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTS 1 Day Match, Ft.Gordon GA

KNIGHT11B4

Core Shooting
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Everywhere
www.coreshooting.com
2uy3wue.png

Who- Precision Tactical Solutions (PTS)

What- 1 Day Precision Rifle Match

Where- Fort Gordon (Augusta, GA)

When- Feb 24

PTS is happy to announce a new 1 day precision rifle match. This is designed to be a fun but still challenging match. It will be perfect for everyone from new shooters to avid shooters who want to stay tuned up for larger matches.

Format- Expect to shoot between 4-6 stages, targets out to 100-1000 yards. You will be allowed to have someone spot for you.

Calibers- Limited to 300WM and under. Velocity Limit of 3200. Round count no more then 100 rounds.

Divisions- There will be 2 divisions, Mil and Open. Mil consists of 223/556 and 308/762. Open is all other calibers.

Cost- 60 per shooter

Registration- To register email he following info to [email protected] , subject line needs to be "1 Day Feb Match"

Name
Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Emergency Contact Name and Number

Once you register you will be sent a confirmation email with all important info and payment options.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Re: PTS 1 Day Match, Ft.Gordon GA

Good lord I'm gonna be broke soon. lol.
K&M Team, PTS Team, AIM Team, Creekside, and Gordon.
I guess I better try to find some bullets!!!!

Sounds like s fun time that I plan to attend.

Registration is currently open correct?

All necessary information will be included in the confirmation emails.

Directions, Times, Gate info, etc....

I got it covered.

Emails should start going out tomorrow.

Ryan, I am assuming this is an individual match and not a team match correct?
My buddy an I are trying to figure out if we can make it or not.
Also, is this just a bragging rights match or a prize match? Just curious. Not like we can shoot well enough to will anything lol!!
Steve

Cool. Thanks for the speedy response as always.
Steve

I'd love to come down and shoot this, but I'm not sure about an 8 hour drive for a 1 day shoot. I like the idea of a smaller match, though. I hope it gets enough support for it to continue.

Very much so looking forward to this. From the sounds of it, if this takes off this match will be great practice for the bigger matches and still be the usual pts fun.

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Registration emails have been sent out to all emails I have received so far.

Spots still available.</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters,
An added bonus is $10 of your match fee goes to supporting Ft Gordon MWR. </div></div>

Scott,
I'm not familiar with MWR. What is that?
Thanks in advance, and it was good talking with you at Mammoth.

Steve

MWR is... Morale Welfare and Recreation.

Designed to create, organize and fund events for soldiers.

The facility we will be shooting on for this event is an MWR facility.

Are spectators encouraged or discouraged to attend the event? I've not joined in on a match, but would love to see what all is involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ss7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are spectators encouraged or discouraged to attend the event? I've not joined in on a match, but would love to see what all is involved. </div></div>

Have no fear SS7, PTS is designed for the beginner and the pro. I thought the same thing, then after shooting PTS for my first ever match, at no time did I feel overwhelmed. PTS was/is the best all around match for anyone, so come on and pay, then come out and shoot with us.

Do we need anything special to get thru the gate on non public range day?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on out!!!</div></div>

Oh, good news!

I don't think I'll pull the trigger on participating in the match, but I hope I regret it and sign up for the next one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ss7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on out!!!</div></div>

Oh, good news!

I don't think I'll pull the trigger on participating in the match, but I hope I regret it and sign up for the next one! </div></div>

Bring your rifle and ammo just in case...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: emsp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do we need anything special to get thru the gate on non public range day? </div></div>

The same things you normally need.

When you register I am replying with a email laying out the details of the gate entry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any future one day matches on the schedule yet?
</div></div>

Not besides this one. As we schedule more I will post dates.

The plan is too see the level of interest and how this ones goes first, but Im sure there will be more.
smile.gif

We have a great course of fire planned. I promise that when you leave you will be pleased with the stages and how much you shot.

Spots still available.

I prolly can't make this one. If it was closer to spring I might. Still like the idea though. Keep up the good work

Match is filling up nicely but there are still some spots available.

If your even on the fence you need to come out. This is going to be a fun event.

Is it okay to just come spot for someone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it okay to just come spot for someone? </div></div>

Yes but you have to pay a partial fee. The partial fee goes towards range rental fee.

Could you give a little info about essential gear for those of us who have never shot a match? What is recommended? What is a necessity?

Chip

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Count</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you give a little info about essential gear for those of us who have never shot a match? What is recommended? What is a necessity?

Chip </div></div>

Guns and boolits!
smile.gif

bipod, rear bag, mags and pouches etc. I am sure Knight will chime in when he see's this.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: distinguishedmp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What range is the match on? </div></div>

Range 14, AKA "the sportsmans club", AKA "tactical advantage sportsmans complex"

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: distinguishedmp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What range is the match on? </div></div>

The match is at the Sportsmans complex main MWR range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Count</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you give a little info about essential gear for those of us who have never shot a match? What is recommended? What is a necessity?

Chip </div></div>

Essential-
-Rifle
-Ammo
-Hearing pro

Strongly Recommended (Very strongly)-
-Bipod
-Rear Bag (sand sock)

Optional-
-Spotting scope (people can share)
-Sling
-Anything else

Guys,
This is designed to accomplish 2 things..
1)Be a new shooter friendly match that helps shooters grow
2)Be challenging enough for seasoned shooters to improve and have fun

Trust me, if you come to this match with a good attitude you will have a blast and learn a lot.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you have.

Not sure if I missed this in the information packet, but I'd like to ask to be 100% sure.

Are sound suppressors permitted on the base/ range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if I missed this in the information packet, but I'd like to ask to be 100% sure.

Are sound suppressors permitted on the base/ range? </div></div>

Yes! Just make sure you have required paperwork.