• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses PTS Basic Pistol /Carbine course AAR

Triggerf16

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2011
I just completed the PTS Basic Pistol / Carbine course this week. Three day format, along the lines of what Scott posted here:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/training-classes/177748-pts-basic-pistol-carbine-course.html

Day 1 included basic pistol up through some shooting and moving. Day 2 included basic carbine up to shooting and moving. Day 3 combined pistol and carbine, some basic moving, and some basic tactical problem sets.

This proved to be an excellent class overall. First of all, Scott is an excellent instructor. In addition to an extensive background and impressive skills, Scott is a very good teacher. He can tailor the information he is presenting to his audience, so learning occurs quickly. The school progressed at a rapid pace, in part because he has a course of instruction that builds on fundamentals, and reinforces earlier lessons. All questions are answered, usually with an understanding of why that technique works, and with a few alternate techniques to try and see which best fits your shooting. We had a small group, with some experienced shooters, and some newbies. The newbies learned rapidly, and never held the class back. In fact one of the newbies posted the fastest time for one of the carbine shooting stages, teaching the rest of us a bit of humility.

Overall I would recommend a PTS class highly to others. You will shoot a lot, 2000 rounds over three days. I certainly learned a great deal, and plan on attending again. The best part about the PTS format is it is not tied to one facility. PTS can work with you to find a facility to work with your group of shooters. We were able to get a group together and find a schedule and location that met all of our needs.

if you have the range and the group of shooters, PTS can tailor an event guaranteed to challenge and improve your skills. Highly recommended!

precisiontacticalsolutions.com

PTS compresses the instruction blocks. As soon as proficiency is obtained a new skill is added. Students are expected to incorporate previously learned skills with new concepts.
This is a youtube video taken seven hours into the basic carbine course. All drills have lead up to our introduction of room combat and the PTS team box drill.
Precision Tactical Solutions Gun Jitsu 2 - YouTube
I would like to thank the class participants for rolling with the compressed class, bugs and heat. You guys were awesome!