• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTS Championship Team Match

KNIGHT11B4

Core Shooting
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Everywhere
www.coreshooting.com
2uy3wue.png

Who- Precision Tactical Solutions (PTS)

What- Championship Team Precision Rifle Match

Where- Cookeville, TN

When- May 25&26

PTS is happy to announce the next spring match. We are adding a few changes to our matches this year. Mainly, the spring match will be our larger team match and more competitive (harder) course of fire. The match will also require a pistol on some stages. We will still be doing a fall match that will be more similar to our matches in the past.

More details will follow in the next few days including registration and match details.

vy5wlh.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Match Details ----- Updated 6 Dec 2012 -----</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cost-</span> 180 per person (360 per team)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Registration-</span> Registration will open Jan 12 at 1300 EST. When registration opens send email with both team members info to [email protected] . Only send one email per team.

Name
Address
Email Addy
Phone Num
Emergency Contact
Shirt Size

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rules-</span> All standard rules will remain. Velocity limit of 3200 and nothing above 30 cal mag. No equipment is off limits, you may use whatever you bring (just be ready to carry it on stages). Only restriction will be LRF, it will only be allowed on some stages and we will have a stage LRF for anyone who does not have one.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Scoring-</span> We are transitioning to a new scoring system for this match. Nothing crazy but it will reward a team for their ability to complete a stage efficiently.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pistols-</span> Only 9, 40, and 45 pistols allowed. No restriction on type or sight. Holsters must have one level of retention. I will post examples of acceptable retention later on.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sponsors-</span> If you are interested in sponsoring the match please contact us and I will get you a copy of the sponsor packet. All sponsors are welcome to setup displays during the match.
Also, we will have a section of the zero range (Friday) open to allow space for competitors and spectators the ability to demo the sponsors weapons and gear.
If you are considering sponsoring and have any questions, feel free to contact us.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ROs-</span> We will need all the RO help we can get. I am working on some great things to make the ROs time worth while. If you are interested in ROing please contact me.

More Info to follow

Re: PTS Championship Team Match

oh snapps ....RO dibs!and me and cc def gonna be there to shoot as well

I wonder if The Python will shoot this match.........

You need to come out Chiller...

Knight, you realize this is the same date as the Snipers Hide Cup, correct?

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knight, you realize this is the same date as the Snipers Hide Cup, correct?

Bill </div></div>

Yes I do. Trust me, it was not my intention to schedule it at the same time.

We have held our spring match on Memorial Day weekend since we started the match. Besides that this is the only weekend that works for both Scott and I.

Id rather it be a different weekend but its then or never.

BUmmer HELLZ!!!!!!!! PTS FTMFW!!!

We'll be there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUmmer HELLZ!!!!!!!! PTS FTMFW!!!

We'll be there! </div></div>

+100000000000000000000000000000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt.creedmoor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUmmer HELLZ!!!!!!!! PTS FTMFW!!!

We'll be there! </div></div>

+100000000000000000000000000000 </div></div>

^^^^^^^^^^^ WHAT THEY SAID ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't wait for this.

Tell me more about this thing you call a pistol that we will have to use in this match!!!

Sounds like a good time had by all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me more about this thing you call a pistol that we will have to use in this match!!!

Sounds like a good time had by all </div></div>

From what Ryan has told me....you'll need birdman sights for some of the pistol shooting ........
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me more about this thing you call a pistol that we will have to use in this match!!!

Sounds like a good time had by all </div></div>
Guys and Gals,
Pistol stages are going to be a fun addition to rifle stages. Pistol targets will be integrated into the rifle course of fire. Big targets, comstock scoring and we will probably load and unlaod on the clock in order to keep it safe. If you can handle a pistol safely and hit a 12" target at 10 yards you'll be good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott and I have some very exciting things planned for this match.

I think you guys will be very very happy. </div></div>

Anyone else picturing Knight rubbing his hands together like Mr. Burns?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone need a partner? thinking about doing this one. </div></div>

Same here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone need a partner? thinking about doing this one. </div></div>

Same here </div></div>

Budding romance in the making... Snipers Hide..when Match.com has failed you...

JK Guys
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone need a partner? thinking about doing this one. </div></div>

Same here </div></div>

Budding romance in the making... Snipers Hide..when Match.com has failed you...

JK Guys
laugh.gif
</div></div>

ROFL, Will you be attending there Mr. underwear watch?

But srsly, I need me a partner....lol

<span style="color: #CC0000">All sponsors are welcome to setup displays during the match.

Also, we will have a section of the zero range (Friday) open to allow space for competitors and spectators the ability to demo the sponsors weapons and gear.

If you are considering sponsoring and have any questions, feel free to contact us.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But srsly, I need me a partner....lol </div></div>

Are you my huckleberry? Mils or Moa?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am i going to be ham stringed running a gasser? I dont think i will have a lefty bolt by then. </div></div>
Not at all. Two guys running gas guns won the last spring match. Knight and I run a balanced match, no real advantage either way.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Just to explain the feel of the match for those who are new...

Our stages are based on the tactical and practical application of precision rifle. Bolt or Gas gun, makes no difference in this match. This is not a multigun match, the pistol will be minimal points.

If its not realistic to practical application of a precision rifle... we don't do it. So if you want to shoot off a blow up moon bounce, this isn't for you.

If you want to employ a precision rifle at realistic but challenging targets from 0-1100 yards while negotiating a tactical based course of fire.... Bring It. </span>

I've been practicing off the moon bounce all dang fall!!!!!

You mean I won't have to shoot off a cargo net upside down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But srsly, I need me a partner....lol </div></div>

Are you my huckleberry? Mils or Moa? </div></div>

I might be!
laugh.gif
I prefer and use Mils. That a NoGo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am i going to be ham stringed running a gasser? I dont think i will have a lefty bolt by then. </div></div>
Not at all. Two guys running gas guns won the last spring match. Knight and I run a balanced match, no real advantage either way. </div></div>

... and bolt guns took 2nd

Looking forward to another great PTS match. LOVE the incorporation of pistols guys.

Got a partner for this one and she is looking forward to it. She confirmed today that the dates are after the collegiate softball world series.

I might have to try to make this. It sounds like a blast to participate in. What's the round count needed usually and can you pick up your brass or is it too fast paced?

Round count will be 200 or less per shooter for rifle, pistol round count is unknown at this time.

You will have a chance to grab your brass on most stages, but not all.

Ok i just wondered. I'll have to try to get some stuff ready for this.

John you better step up your pt before the match for your partner. She's gonna be waiting on you all day. I hope Ella will partner with me someday. You shooting mammoth?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But srsly, I need me a partner....lol </div></div>

Are you my huckleberry? Mils or Moa? </div></div>

I might be!
laugh.gif
I prefer and use Mils. That a NoGo? </div></div>

I know MOA better but, I'll be using Mils.