• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship PTS Match Performace Enhancement Class in Bham

KNIGHT11B4

Core Shooting
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Everywhere
www.coreshooting.com
Precision Tactical Solutions will be hosting a Match Performance Enhancement Class.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Who-</span> Precision Tactical Solutions (PTS)

<span style="text-decoration: underline">What-</span> Match Enhancement Class

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Where-</span> BGTC in Bham AL

<span style="text-decoration: underline">When-</span> Aug 4th

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Price-</span> $150 per shooter

As serious match shooters and match directors, Scott and I see what goes into a successful match performance from both sides of the coin. We train to perform well at the matches we shoot and we design the stages at our matches to test the shooters skill in a variety of ways. We decided to offer a course that teaches students how to improve their performance at matches.

Here is a brief overview of the topics to be covered:
-Safety
-Data Confirmation to 700
-Gear Options, Selection, and Setup
-Stage Type Familiarization
-Stage Breakdown and Planning
-Techniques and Tactics

In a nut shell we will teach students how to understand stages and improve their performance at matches or in scenario situations. This is not a beginner class, it will have a fast operational tempo and feature a lot of shooting.

If you are interested in shooting please email Larry at <span style="color: #000099">[email protected]</span>

Larry is helping with the registration process so Scott and I can continue to work on the class. He will respond with the registration form and instructions for registering.

We need at least 15 registrations for this class to happen. Judging by the amount of interest expressed I seriously doubt this will be an issue. Get your registrations in fast so we can lock this class in. The class will me maxed at 34 people.

If you have any questions please ask.

Ryan

Re: PTS Match Performace Enhancement Class in Bham

Guys,

If you register for the class an have any specific stages or scenarios you would like to be covered please post them here with a brief explanation.

We will be covering a ton of stages from KYL/TYL, to UKD/KD, Alternate Positions, Hold Over/Under, Shoot Houses, Barricades, Accuracy vs. Speed, etc...

Ryan,

I'm interested in shooting tactical/long range matches, but haven't entered any yet. So, I'm wondering if this class would be a good fit for me? I do have experience shooting out to 700 yards, including a two/day long range rifle course. Thinking the class might be a good way to get familiar with a variety of tactical stages & strategies without going into a match completely cold. Your thoughts?

Also, I'm familiar w/UKD/KD (unknown distance/known distance), but what's KYL/TYL? (KY Lube comes to mind, but I doubt that's correct !)

Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

This class would be a perfect fit for you. This class is geared for those who shot matches to improve and for those who want to get started shooting matches to get a head start.

Seasoned competition shooter will refine their skills, while new competition shooters will develop the skills needed to perform well at matches.

No matter what skill level everyone will improve at this class.

KLY/TYL is Know You Limits and Test Your Limits. They are stage types that are commonly found at matches. A lot of points can be won or lost on those stages and knowing how to best shoot them is a skill worth having.

If you have any other questions just ask away!

Ryan

jim email me at [email protected] and i will send you the appplication so you can sign up for the class, thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OneShotJim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryan,

I'm interested in shooting tactical/long range matches, but haven't entered any yet. So, I'm wondering if this class would be a good fit for me? I do have experience shooting out to 700 yards, including a two/day long range rifle course. Thinking the class might be a good way to get familiar with a variety of tactical stages & strategies without going into a match completely cold. Your thoughts?

Also, I'm familiar w/UKD/KD (unknown distance/known distance), but what's KYL/TYL? (KY Lube comes to mind, but I doubt that's correct !)

Thanks.

Jim</div></div>

I'll be there Ryan. The week before the big PTS PRS Cookeville match seems like a good time to make sure I'm sharp.

Whiskey, very glad you will be joining us.

That is exactly why we decided to do it the week before the match. Perfect practice and skill refinement for competition.

fyi for those of you thinking about attending, this class is going to be held on our new 700 yard range...

Ryan,

I don't think I can make this one. However I would like to extend this offer. I will pay for two spots for anyone that is prior military or current that would like to go and might not because of funds.

Good luck I am sure it will be a great class.

Kris

Great offer Kris. If anyone takes him up on it, they are welcome to shoot one of my rifles!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Whiskey you bringing that 6XC?

</div></div> Oh yeah!

kp1 (Kris),
Sir, first off thank you. What an awesome opportunity for a couple lucky, former or current military guys. You are a class act and I hope to hang out again soon.

Shooters,
If you are active or former military and want to shoot this class please contact me. Kris is a vet himself and has extended this amazing offer out of the goodness of his heart. Dont let this opportunity pass you buy.

-Ryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kp1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryan,

I don't think I can make this one. However I would like to extend this offer. I will pay for two spots for anyone that is prior military or current that would like to go and might not because of funds.

Kris</div></div>

thats kris that is awesome!

Kris, I dont personally know you, but you are one Hell of a guy. That's awesome.

Spots still available guys!

If you are looking to improve your performance at matches or in scenarios this class is for you.

Thanks OneShot

We have some spots remaining. Don't miss out on a great chance to improve your skill with a precision rifle and performance in matches.

Get your registrations in guys!

Shooters, the format of this class is going to give you a ton of opportunities and a bunch of looks at a wide varity of stages. We are going to stage for individual and team based formats. The class will focus on stategy, mind set, time management and shooter solution to maximize your performance in the field as well as during a match. We are only a few weeks out and we are seriously looking forward to getting down to B-Ham again.
Thanks again!

Scott and Ryan,

I can't wait for this class! On a different note, can anyone confirm that they got my registration and $$$.

Thanks

Clay B

clay we have your registration and you are all set! thanks for signing up

fyi below is the list of paid registrations received to date:

Eric Lundberg

Duane Jones

Jim Harrison

Clay Barton

Parrish Webster

George Morris

Jay Carter

John Williamson

guys get your registrations in asap, the cut off date for receipt is Monday July 30th at which time we will decide if the class is on or not depending upon the number received...

Shooters,
If you have ever considered shooting in a match but haven’t, this class is for you. While the class is not for beginner shooters if you can shoot a 1 moa 5 shot group at 100 and have reasonable weapons handling skills you’ll have a lot of fun in B-ham. You’ll find that the LR practical rifle world has some of the best people on the planet with great attitudes. Unlike some of the other shooting disciplines out there that are a bit “stuffy” the typical practical rifle guy will be friendly and helpful. Like me, most guys that are attracted to the practical rifle world because of the people in the sport, match atmosphere and interesting nature of match formats.
It’s going to be hot, but the class is going to be group paced. The class is only a few weeks away.
See you all there
v/r
Scott

<span style="color: #CC0000">Shooters,

We need a few more to sign up for the class for us to put this event on.

I know there are a couple of you who have been waiting to register, we need you to register now so that we meet the required number.

If you think you know someone who may be interested please pass the word along.

We have a great class planned but we cant host the event unless we get a few more people signed up this week.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kp1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryan,

Kris </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 17pt"> Hey all you out there that are former or current military, we still have two open "scholarships" [ie: free passes] available from Kris so sign up now by pm to me or Ryan and we will send you the registration form and get you into the class at no charge!</span>

If your on the fence about this class go for it! These are sharp fellas. This class will help you put all the pieces together so to speak.its your chance to get valuable info/training from a couple of the best!!! If your not training you can bet the guys in the slots above you on gameday are.

Here are some pictures from the last time these guys were in Birmingham.
DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

for the guys that registered, we will be shredding all checks received [they will not be cashed/deposited], email has gone out, thanks for signing up, hope to catch you next time...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OneShotJim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry you had to cancel. I'm still interested. Please let me know when you reschedule, and sign me up. Thanks. </div></div>

Will do. We are working on the dates now.

Yea, let me know the dates as well. I was at your earlier class in B'ham this year.