• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Public Enemies

Hannibal

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2005
Pretty impressed. Picked it up on Blue Ray. Mann did a fine job with Dillinger. He messed with some history, chronology of events, but did a fine job. Wonder what makes Mann tick??? His movies include "Thief", "Heat", and now "Public Enemies". All these involve heists.

Always amazed by Dillinger. Did it all in a little over a year before going down.

Re: Public Enemies

Too bad the director is insane...

I worked on "Public Enemies" and all I can really say is the experience led me to the conclusion that his films would never get finished if the studio and producers didn't physically remove him. I've worked for quite a few directors who didn't know what they wanted and sent me on a wild goose chase, but Mann beats them all. He's got multiple personality disorder or something, telling you he wants it to look a certain way then the next time he sees it he acts as though you're an idiot for doing what he wants. He's all over the map - we probably did 3 movie's worth of work on that film and he pixel fucked it the whole way. When a director is art directing every single drop of blood, flesh, bone and tissue coming out of a bullet wound, asking for the must subtle variations for two months straight - he's insane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hannibal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty impressed. Picked it up on Blue Ray. Mann did a fine job with Dillinger. He messed with some history, chronology of events, but did a fine job. Wonder what makes Mann tick??? His movies include "Thief", "Heat", and now "Public Enemies". All these involve heists.

Always amazed by Dillinger. Did it all in a little over a year before going down- if they got him.

Han </div></div>
You didn't mention Inside Man, also about a heist.

I was actually a little disappointed in Mann after this one. In fact it seems his past couple movies really "missed the mark" with me.

I seen it on the IMAX opening night and noticed some technical stuff i wondered, how it made it in the film. Stuff like lights blowing out pixels and similar items. I know he moved on to digital, and now is a huge advocate of it. But it does have its limitations. The faster frame rate didnt make it feel dramatic for either. It seems like he was going for a more realistic feel and fell a bit short. Could of been the combination of Depps more dramatic performance (which was solid) and the docu feel of the movie that collided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Migrane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good movie, a little slow in my opinion. </div></div>

The movie was slow...

i just liked how the gun fights sounded, pretty realistic had the crack-thump. you would think most movies now would have more realistic sounds. I especially hate suppressed weapons in movies, sound like damn lasers or something.