• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Public Enemy

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
Johnny Depp got a new movie coming out based on Derringer's story of robbing banks. So far it looks really good cant wait till it comes out. I think its on July 1st.

Re: Public Enemy

uh I thought he made percussion pocket pistols..

"The term derringer is a genericized misspelling of the last name of Henry Deringer, a famous maker of small pocket pistols in the 1800s."

was he a bank robber too?

I worked on the assassination scene in front of the theater in Chicago. Attention to detail and authenticity is impressive and grudgingly I'll say Mann covers the incident quite well.

Good Movie,
Seen it the day it came out.. If you like "shoot'em up movies" than this one is par excellant. The Cloths, The Weapons, The Trains and the Cars... Just brought you back to a very "quality Build" time. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but the movie is not the most historicly correct. Good script, Good acting, Great display of The Tommy gun and 45... Worth paying the price of admission. I will buy the DVD when it comes out...
George of the jungle

Went to see today. It was good. They did there homework on the gun play. Of course the Tommy gun was the weapon of choice in that era. I also like that they used the BAR. When Pruvis siad " we are going to need Tommy Guns and BAR's" they meant business.

Did they mention any of the names of the East Chicago cops that were there at the theater that night in the movie? My grandmother's cousin was a cop in E. Chicago IN and was at the Dillinger shootout. Just curious

ETA: found a picture(Peter Sopsic), funny thing is my cousin looks alot like him.

I'm a big fan of Michael Mann but this is not his best movie. I still vote for 'Thief'. This is an ok movie just not memorable. The love connection is flat with no Heat (had to say it) between the stars. Several inaccuracies but that's to be expected in any movie. At least they got the guns right.

Have to laugh though as both J.D. and I have made the front page of the AZ Daily Star in handcuffs! True story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogo57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Have to laugh though as both J.D. and I have made the front page of the AZ Daily Star in handcuffs! True story.</div></div>

did you think you could make a statement like this wothout elaborating?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogo57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Have to laugh though as both J.D. and I have made the front page of the AZ Daily Star in handcuffs! True story.</div></div>

</div></div>

Well it wasn't for bank robbery and I was acquitted. However, it did involve an ex-FBI agent lying to swear out the warrant. For the rest you'll have to wait for my book, "I Never Really Had A Clue."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogo57</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogo57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Well it wasn't for bank robbery and I was acquitted. However, it did involve an ex-FBI agent lying to swear out the warrant. For the rest you'll have to wait for my book, "I Never Really Had A Clue." </div></div>

I liked "Public Enemy" but Pogo's movie sounds like it's gonna be good too!

I watched it the other night,and thought it was pretty good considering whats been getting put out on the big screen the last few years.