• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area / WW Shooters

longeyes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2007
Graham WA
Now that the Hide is back lets see if we can get this group vocal again. I tried to restart the old threads but no luck. I've been away from shooting for awhile but am trying to get back into the game.

Count me in, punching paper at 200 is getting boring.

ETAThere are monthly practical/precision rifle matches at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's club on the first Saturday of each month. They shoot on various steel targets out to 600 yards from field type positions similar to the precision rifle series matches. Bolt guns, and gas guns are welcome. The only restrictions are no ferrous content in any bullets, no magnums, no velocity over 3150 fps. They use props like parapets, doghouse, roof tops, platforms, tank traps, a number of different types of barricades, and from all sorts of positions. It is a pretty laid back crowd, and not overly competitive. Most guys who shoot there are there to try and improve their skill, and they use the matches as practice for other matches. The hyper competitive types who won't help anyone else out rarely show up. New shooters even get to use a spotter to help them get settled.

Last edited:
I think they send out announcements about the matches if you send an email asking to be added onto their mailing list.. [email protected]. There is also a PRS group on Facebook, and a northwest precision shooters group on Facebook. If you aren't a Facebook fan, it isn't all that hard to use a nom de plume (pen name) on Facebook...that way you can get information about groups without posting a bunch of personal information.

I've met two other members at Tacoma Sportsman Club here recently....lost track of others over the years. That steel match sounds like fun. I'll be checking that out

While I am not available in the immediate future, I’m certainly interested in linking up some time and shooting. I am in the Tacoma area. I do most of my shooting on JBLM, but run my own SAKO TRG .308 when i can. I’d also be willing to talk shop with any other snipers in the area.

While I am not available in the immediate future, I’m certainly interested in linking up some time and shooting. I am in the Tacoma area. I do most of my shooting on JBLM, but run my own SAKO TRG .308 when i can. I’d also be willing to talk shop with any other snipers in the area.

Welcome aboard. You should come shoot the matches at UNSC with us. Several or the top shooters are active duty Mil and it's a good place to sharpen your skills. See the post above to get instructions for the mailing list.

Is this group dead or is there another thread for PNW/Western Washington shooters?
Not much prs type activity that I know of locally. There’s a monthly club match at sun valley shooting park over by Yakima / Moxee and I just saw a match posted Nov 8th down by prosser.

Im planning on heading over to Moxee as much as I can next year.

I don’t know if upper Nisqually has started up again.

I’m always willing to go out on public lands and get some practice also.

Reactions: captnmo
Not much prs type activity that I know of locally. There’s a monthly club match at sun valley shooting park over by Yakima / Moxee and I just saw a match posted Nov 8th down by prosser.

Im planning on heading over to Moxee as much as I can next year.

I don’t know if upper Nisqually has started up again.

I’m always willing to go out on public lands and get some practice also.
Where do you go for public land use? I just moved into the area and am definitely looking for new spots.

Have any links for Wenatchee comps? I shot one match out there last year before covid hit full swing and it was a good time. Haven’t seen anything from unsc in a while.

Looks like an NRA style shoot at 600

Where do you go for public land use? I just moved into the area and am definitely looking for new spots.
There’s a gravel pit out by lake cushman that’s good for short range pistol / rifle.

A few spots out here by Tahuya also but I’m not as familiar with them.

Reactions: Cordova13
There’s a gravel pit out by lake cushman that’s good for short range pistol / rifle.

A few spots out here by Tahuya also but I’m not as familiar with them.
Do you know the laws are? I just moved here from CA. Is it pretty relaxed here? Looking to find somewhere at least 500 yards or so.

Do you know the laws are? I just moved here from CA. Is it pretty relaxed here? Looking to find somewhere at least 500 yards or so.
DNR land is open as long as there isn’t extreme fire danger. You just need to be aware of the situation in the summer. No shooting from or across roads and as always make sure you have a safe backdrop.

Reactions: Cordova13
Not to sidetrack too much, but does anyone in the AO have 6.5 creed “go/no go” gauges I could rent for a day?