• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pulled 175 SMK's

rduckwor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2011
AL, USA
Wideners has pulled SMK's from M118LR. They have the tar sealant still on them.

Anyone had experience removing the tar and just how big a PITA is doing so?

Thanks,

Wideners even mentions how to get it off. They say to use xylene.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I know Widener's tells how to remove the tar. I was simply asking for others experiences.

For removing tar, there is a product called "Goof-off".. I use it to get asphalt off of my vehicles. It smells like lighter fluid, and probably is.

Goof off is xylene, toluene, and benzene, if I remember correctly. I did my Summer's in a factory in college and practically had to bathe in the stuff to get some of the crap off me from the stuff they made me do.

It's supposed to be highly toxic and may eat through some plastics, but I haven't died of cancer yet.

North East Reloading had them at $125/500 without the tar: M118 LR 175 Grain Sierra Matchking

Hopefully, I won't get in trouble for posting the link and I'm in no way affiliated with the seller. Haven't done business with him yet either.

Goof off is xylene, toluene, and benzene, if I remember correctly. I did my Summer's in a factory in college and practically had to bathe in the stuff to get some of the crap off me from the stuff they made me do.

It's supposed to be highly toxic and may eat through some plastics, but I haven't died of cancer yet.

North East Reloading had them at $125/500 without the tar: M118 LR 175 Grain Sierra Matchking

Hopefully, I won't get in trouble for posting the link and I'm in no way affiliated with the seller. Haven't done business with him yet either.

I just got 500 to try from them. They are in better shape than I thought they were going to be.