• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pulled .260 Black Hills ammo...???

Randall Cook

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
So Cal
I pulled a couple Black Hills .260 "Black Hills Gold Factory Seconds" w/139 Scenar.
I weighed the 'Ball' powder at 48.5 gns. Now I thought that was odd, keeping in mind I've seen 99% of loads for the .260 using H4350.
I'm an expert by no means, but that seems a bit strong.
I've been loading fine for the usual gassers. This is my first bolt. Any insight would be much appreciated. Planning on trying Black Hills for info, but I doubt I'll get what I'm looking for...

Re: Pulled .260 Black Hills ammo...???

Picture of the powder please. It is said that most manufactures get a blend powder only for them. But I pulled a few 175 gr 308 a while back and it looked like imr 8208xbr I have also seen a thread here the same round was pulled and it looked like ram shot tac powder. What I'm getting at is I think they use whatever powder is available at the time that gets them the pressure and speed there looking for.