• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pulled loads...

Wardy

"Gordy"
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
North Eastern NC
I changed my powder/bullet combination and found 2 nodes that I want to expand on and do some chrono work. I pulled some leftover bullets from the load test and was wondering if it would be better to resize the brass I pulled the bullets from or would it be ok to just powder em up and shoot em?

Thanks...

Re: pulled loads...

I'd resize the necks just to make sure they keep the same neck tension as the rest. FL sizing wouldn't be necessary though.

I was kinda thinking that, to be sure it wouldn't be the same spring back as a freshly sized case after beating the bullet out of the neck with one of the inertia bullet pullers.

^^^ This. The necks aren't the same size they were before you seated the first bullets. If you happen to be running them through an auto-loader, you could get significant setback.