• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pulled the trigger and bought a Bushnell 4.5x18x44 LRHS

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
Got to say I’m very impressed with this scope. Turrets are nice and crisp. Parallax is good to go. And I love the FFP and G2h reticle. Best part is I got it for 750$ ?

One of the best deals with scopes right now, even at $1200 for the LRTSi it still competes with scopes that cost more.

Personally I think its one of the best FFP Hunting reticles available, as well as a great FFP reticle for Law Enforcement.

I was just texting a buddy tonight telling him exactly this. The eye box is very forgiving, glass is great, reticle is awesome for hunting, size is great. I can’t find any negatives, for $750 it’s a no brainer.

Now I need a rifle to put it on...

It's an amazing optic for the money. I paid USD $915 for my LRTSi here in Australia - have done a fair bit of comparing it with my S&B 3-20 US and I recon the Bushy is at about 85-90% as good - which is fairly stunning when one considers I could have bought 3 LRTSi's for the price of one S&B!

I'm waiting on a Tikka lite 6.5CM with the 24' barrel to drop it into a carbon stock and pair it with the LRTSi - should be a fine hunting setup.

Tikka .308.jpg

I've owned a couple of the 4.5-18x44 LRHS scopes - first one was a MOA model because that's all the Bushnell Factory Outlet Store had in stock. It went out the door when I sold the custom M700 6XC it was mounted on, so I replaced it with a mil version when I got around to building myself another M700 6XC. These were/are both hunting rifles with 23" & 24" Krieger bbls in a custom contour a little lighter than the Rem sendero, bedded in Manners T3 stocks with Stealth DBM. Great scope for hunting/coyote calling.

I bought one last week. Rifle still at the dealer but looking through the scope at home, up at the mountain behind my house, I'm impressed. It was around $1200 in my local currency though - yes we get screwed on pricing for ALL firearm related goods.

I just mounted it on a custom .300 Win mag I had built a few years ago. Had a NightForce NXS 5.5x22x50 on it but it’s not a ffp scope hence dial ups were necessary when not on 22 power. Now I just have to look at my IStrelok app on my iPhone or my kestrel AB and it’ll tell me exactly where to hold when that big buck walks out past 400 yards.
Also, the glass is great. Yeah it’s no S&B but it’s still damn good. I own a Bushnell XRS, NF NXS, Zeiss 4.5x14x50 mc conquest, Vortex PST and they all have their pros and cons. This scope just fits the bill perfectly for shooting critters at long range. I also like the fact that even at 4.5x the reticle is clear and hash marks are easy to read. That’s one thing about the XRS that I kind of have trouble with. At 4.5x my eyes have a hard time reading the numbers and mil lines. The LRHS is readable at all magnification

Reactions: lash
Got to mount and play with mine last nigh. I was using it as a teliscope to look at the full moon and on 18 and I was amazed with how much detail I could see. Haven’t played with it in the daytime yet but really looking forward to this scope.

My only complaint for the scopes was their length, it made me hate the aesthetics other than that they were competing way above their price. I think i had my 4.5-18x44 for $805 all said and done. Incredible value, wish i had kept it for my Sako 85 .260 honestly. Are they coming out with a new model or did the prime, nitro, and forge sort of replace the LRHS lineup?

I agree Will ^^ the biggest complaint I have is the aesthetics with the length, but that is a very minor thing for how well that little design works

Agree re the overall length - it's fairly long compared to the newer US designs, but how it 'looks' is a function of the overall package - it's long relative to short barrelled rifles - but I think it balances out well on this 22' + brake build.

IMG_0303.jpg

Whereas on this smaller rifle the scope feels a bit unwieldily.

Tikka .308.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with the aesthetics not being the best. I like how the 3-12 model looks but the 4.5-18, not so much. Anyhow, I know aesthetics is all. The way it performs and the overall quality make this scope such a great option. I still bought one anyways regardless of what I think about it aesthetically. So far, I'm liking it...

It's an amazing optic for the money. I paid USD $915 for my LRTSi here in Australia - have done a fair bit of comparing it with my S&B 3-20 US and I recon the Bushy is at about 85-90% as good - which is fairly stunning when one considers I could have bought 3 LRTSi's for the price of one S&B!

I'm waiting on a Tikka lite 6.5CM with the 24' barrel to drop it into a carbon stock and pair it with the LRTSi - should be a fine hunting setup.

View attachment 6937375
Mate, where in Aus did you get it for that price?

So have any of you hunted with this scope yet?
I'm still procrastinating.....

I would say for a mid tier scope this is one great scope

What lends this scope to being great at hunting and seemingly little mention of bench "precision shooting"?

You guys say it competes well above its class, even at $1200 and I believe you. Just wondering why it's being pushed so much as a hunting option.

What lends this scope to being great at hunting and seemingly little mention of bench "precision shooting"?

You guys say it competes well above its class, even at $1200 and I believe you. Just wondering why it's being pushed so much as a hunting option.
The fact that it's lighter than most scopes in its class lends to tactical/hunting rigs, also the G2H reticle is a hybrid of the G2 reticle that has a kill zone 4 mil diameter circle, but I like this feature for reticle usability at low magnifications where some other FFP reticles tend to get lost

In the image below, it was much easier to see with the naked eye than what my camera could pick up, also, don't judge the IQ based on through the scope shots with cameras or phones, the IQ is stunning.
1k_Scope_Review_011.jpg

If they were the same price would you guys choose one of these over a Vortex PST gen 2 5-25x50?

It's a better deal if you buy it with the Mutt multi-tool. It hits well above the $50 weight class.

Reactions: Glassaholic
If they were the same price would you guys choose one of these over a Vortex PST gen 2 5-25x50?
I have both, I'd say a closer comparison would be the PST II 3-15x44, big difference between 25x at the top end vs 18x. The PST II 3-15 is better optically than the 5-25, but the 5-25 is still impressive for the price. That being said the glass is better in the LRHSi but I think I like the turrets better on the PST II, I also like the EBR-2C reticle better so it's kind of a give and take between the scopes, if the utmost in optical quality is your driving factor the LRHSi is better, but the EBR-2C is a more usable Christmas tree reticle than the G2H IMO. Also, LRHSi can focus to 50y while the PST II 5-25 can go down to 25 yards.

Hands down without a doubt the best LR optic one can get for less than 1k. No argument whatsoever.
SWFA HD 5-20 illuminated could be had for $899 awhile back. I'd take it 8 days a week over the Bushnell. The LRHS is a fine optic at $750, but way behind the SWFA optically IMHO, and I like the reticle a bit more as well. Both are built tough and are good values for the price though.

SWFA HD 5-20 illuminated could be had for $899 awhile back. I'd take it 8 days a week over the Bushnell. The LRHS is a fine optic at $750, but way behind the SWFA optically IMHO, and I like the reticle a bit more as well. Both are built tough and are good values for the price though.

Agree to disagree. It may have a slight advantage in the glass department but I'll take the better turrets, ZS, and IMO a better reticle. The SS is still a fine optic though no doubt about that.

Agree to disagree. It may have a slight advantage in the glass department but I'll take the better turrets, ZS, and IMO a better reticle. The SS is still a fine optic though no doubt about that.
Not going to argue with the ZS. I'd kill for an SWFA with that.

I was mostly speaking to your "no debate" comment. The SWFA is at least in the same league if not above for some folks. But both are fine optics.

Got to say I’ve been able to play with the SWFA SS and was VERY impressed with the quality of the glass. Reticle was a little too thick for my liking though but I wouldn’t mind having one. Seemed like a very good optic

I have been extremely happy with mine especially with the Bushnell rebate I got in on...Blows doors on my old Luepold Mk4.
edFtkKV.jpg

Reactions: Lucky1
Not a real good photo of my M700/Krieger/Manners 6XC w/4.5-18x44 LRHS, but it gives a good idea of the proportions on a rifle w/24" bbl. Those are low TPS TSR rings on a Tenaloy 20 MOA base. It needs a stock pack, but haven't gotten around to putting one on it yet.

Attachments

• DSC_1167.JPG
    DSC_1167.JPG
    470.5 KB · Views: 68