• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Pulling shots right...

RobG

Douchebag Hauler
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2007
W. Sac, Kalifornia
I seem to be pulling my shots to the right. I have tried to loosen my grip on my trigger hand and make sure I am straight as I can behind the rifle. I was benched today, light preload on bipod, using rear bag. Anyone have suggestions or advice?

Thanks, Rob

Re: Pulling shots right...

Are sure wind is not the factor? Make sure you have a consistent and constant cheek weld. No parallax should be seen through your scope. Rifle cant could also be a factor.

Pulling trigger to the side, towards the right, instead of straight back? Maybe? Dragging wood?

Lotsa things...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seem to be pulling my shots to the right. I have tried to loosen my grip on my trigger hand and make sure I am straight as I can behind the rifle. I was benched today, light preload on bipod, using rear bag. Anyone have suggestions or advice?

Thanks, Rob</div></div>

The only thing that anyone knows for sure here is that the rifle was pointed in the direction of your hits. You could have a multitude of problems.

If you followed through to be able to call your shots you'd have a better understanding for where to trouble-shoot. For example, a shot off call could be sourced to a sight adjustment need or wind.

Inconsistent perspective of aim and/or inconsistent position come to mind; and, of course, NPA, trigger control, elbows, stockweld, and grip are a few of the arenas where your problem may have roots.

There was no wind to speak of. Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep them in mind next time out.

What I like to do (time allowed and in a training environment) is get behind the rifle, check npa, and then dry fire at least ten times. I use just the pad of finger and run my thumb parallel with the stock (not wrapped over). Once I can squeeze the trigger with out disturbing my sight picture I go ahead, and fire. Don't be in a hurry to come off the gun to see where your round impacted, just follow through. With practice you will be able to call the shot when it broke which is both good and bad because you already know you pulled the shot even before looking at the target (D'oh). I am not an expert, but this works for me. Good Luck.