• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Apex XQ50 or Armasight Zeus 336 3-12x42 (60hz)

SB84OK

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
I’m trying to decide between these two scopes. They’ll be used for hogs and coyotes. I don’t know much about thermal optics. I’d like to know which one will provide the clearest picture at a greater range. Also, any info on quality comparison would be appreciated. I’d be interested in hearing if there are any other scopes in this price range that people would suggest. Thanks for the help.

I have recently been making the same decision, it was hard to find any direct comparisons and I watched a ton of videos, etc.

I landed on the Trail xq38 which is the same price range. The xq50 should provide a little better detection and will perform a little better in bad thermal conditions due to the larger lens. However, the trail has a lot more bells / whistles, more compact, etc. for my AO it will do everything I need and more.

Lots of mixed feedback on the Zeus and Armasight in general so I decided to take them out of consideration.

Reactions: djpaintles
Pulsar all the way. I have the trail xp50, reap ir, flir breach and a pas-13 lwts. Pulsar has been realiasing nice update to the units you can connect with your phone and up date it. The image in the pulsar is amazing.

Reactions: Rpicker03