• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Ballistic Calculator Review

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
Pulsar said it would be releasing the ballistic calculator firmware update for the Thermion LRF scopes in Q1 of 2023.
Anyone here or abroad have any new news on it's proposed release date or a review ?
The newly released XG50 LRF 3x base mag scope with built in ballistic calculator capabilities would make a deadly combo for coyote hunters.

SJC

Last edited:
Reactions: cantankerous
Thanks for the response.
I figured someone overseas would have put it through it's paces already.

SJC

I played with it last October at Pulsar/Sellmark facilities . It was a beta version but showed a lot of potential. ...... I stocked the store up on xg50 lrf in anticipation. ....and on that note the new XG models are utilizing the Lynred ( ulis) 12 micron instead of the previous gen's BAE. The BAE never played nicely in the pulsar platform.

I played with it last October at Pulsar/Sellmark facilities . It was a beta version but showed a lot of potential. ...... I stocked the store up on xg50 lrf in anticipation. ....and on that note the new XG models are utilizing the Lynred ( ulis) 12 micron instead of the previous gen's BAE. The BAE never played nicely in the pulsar platform.
I’m not familiar with the Lynred sensor. I can only assume it’s better. Any knowledge on what’s better about the Lynred?

Its just more stable in the pulsar software/ platform. They utilize the Lynred ( lynred was formally ulis) sensors exclusively in their products now and they know how to make them work well.

Its just more stable in the pulsar software/ platform. They utilize the Lynred ( lynred was formally ulis) sensors exclusively in their products now and they know how to make them work well.
In your opinion, how do the Lynred sensors stack up to BAE and Iray in humidity? I know Iray sensors do better than most.