• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pulsar Digisight Ultra N450 for coyote hunting?

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Eurooptic has these (demo) for just under 1K. Anyone have experience with these? I'm guessing I would want to upgrade the IR illuminator. There are not very many reviews out there. Thanks for any firsthand knowledge.

Usually with these, you get what you pay for. You are absolutely going to need a powerful IR light to combat its low performance. I prefer thermal to hunt, spot etc but I know that’s not your question

I was thinking about getting a handheld thermal for searching. The few reviews I did find said that this has excellent low light performance without the illuminator as long as you have some moonlight.

They are okay, but a good IR illuminator is a must. Moonlight definitely helps, but it won't be enough, and moonlight shadows are definitely a thing.

As said above, you get what you pay for. This will get you into night hunting, but be ready to notice deficiencies quickly - and want to spend more money.

The downside to the Pulsars is you cannot always get from them in resale what you paid originally - whereas most good NV stuff holds value well. That said, Pulsar warranty is pretty good and they were responsive when I contacted them in the past.

The digisight and a thermal spotter would be a great combo.
A better IR with a flood option is a must for any digital NV optic.
The ultra has better clarity than std digital NV and even better clarity than what you see in the videos.
Battery life is great and the pulsar warranty is good, if needed.

Reactions: minn_wild1