• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Pro Series – New Helion 2 XP50 Pro & Accolade LRF XP50 Pro

Night Vision Viking

Distance & Darkness is an illusion
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Europe
www.youtube.com
Both the Helion 2 XP50 and Accolade LRF XP50 binos get a "PRO treatment".

640×480 pixel thermal sensor with a pixel pitch of 17 µm. The NETD is under 25mK, which looks amazing in the videos.
The previous Accolade 2 had <40mK. No price increase, but prices on the current models fall down.

My "new" Helion 2 XP50 looks dated now LOL. I think the Pro will be same or better than the Leica View, and hope to have them side by side soon.

There's a bunch of videos here as well: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyNRjnuz67T8StwKEnDvF8A/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

• Love
Reactions: mikefraz
Cool... What is the definition of NETD being under <25mK? Is that a measure of thermal sensitivity? ...and would <25mK be better than <40mK?

Cool... What is the definition of NETD being under <25mK? Is that a measure of thermal sensitivity? ...and would <25mK be better than <40mK?

The lower NETD the better.

Here's a pretty good explaination: https://movitherm.com/knowledgebase/netd-thermal-camera/

It is a measure for how well a thermal imaging detector is able to distinguish between very small differences in thermal radiation in the image. NETD is typically being expressed in milli-Kelvin (mK). It is also sometimes referred to as “Thermal Contrast”. When the noise is equivalent to the smallest measurable temperature difference, the detector has reached its limit of its ability to resolve a useful thermal signal. The more noise there is, the higher the NETD value of the detector.

Some "thermal" for the next hunt LOL

Pulsar.PNG

What are the prices for the Accolade 2 and the Accolade 2 Pro now?

Last edited:
Here's a take on the Pulsar Helion 2 XP50 (not the PRO).

It’s a great all around scanner and my hand held go-to. Went from the Helion last year to the Helion 2 this year. Use it extensively when we are feeding watching and waiting for the piggies to show up. I have used it during deer season a few times to help fellow hunters locate deer that have run after shot without leaving a clear blood trail. It makes tracking a lot easier and quicker.

I preordered a Helion 2. I didn’t realize there was another new model until after I sent my info to pay in full. My season is over until next fall, so I’m on the fence about waiting until the Pro models ship or just having Eby ship the XP50 2. Has anyone seen the two models side by side? Pulsar has some vague info on their website. I want to make sure I’m not overlooking anything.

Wonderful. The Accolade 2 LRF I got a couple months back is already replaced ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ah well.

I'm still impressed by yours. Really did not expect to see that clearly when you handed them to me. It really has me looking at getting a cheap thermal scanner for now and saving up for a more expensive one later