• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pulsar T3 Trionyx (2021 US Model only)

Night Vision Viking

Distance & Darkness is an illusion
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Europe
www.youtube.com
So Pulsar just released the Pulsar T3 Trionyx (2021 US Model only). I had one this summer to play around with.

It's a new generation of multispectral binoculars, the TRIONYX!

🔹
🔹
Features include:
🔹
Thermal, digital night vision and fusion imaging
🔹
Thermal Detection range up to 1000 yards
🔹
Digital Recognition range up to 350 yards
🔹
Biocular optical system for comfortable viewing
🔹
On-board photo and video recording and Wi-Fi Integration with IOS and Android devices
🔹
IPX7 Waterproof Rated The TRIONYX T3/T3i is designed for hunting, search and rescue, personal security, and outdoor recreation. The unit possesses two optic channels: thermal imaging and digital night vision, as well as a powerful IR illuminator. Observation can be conducted in three modes — thermal imaging, digital night vision and multispectral overlay. TRIONYX models also possess a built-in photo and video recorder, Wi-Fi module and quick-change battery pack Pulsar TPS7.

It is a U.S. model ONLY.

I made a few videos:

Reactions: ormandj

Pulsar Trionyx Multispectral Binoculars​

d20d08ee-23ee-4df6-a5fd-0166cea530b9_600x600.jpg

56b40bc2-6be3-4a57-a406-b8ac2318535c_600x600.png
(MANSFIELD, TEXAS) – Pulsar is proud to reveal its latest high-tech innovation – the Trionyx Multispectral Binoculars. These binoculars combine imaging technologies in a single unit to provide users with a seamless transition between thermal and digital night vision.
The Trionyx is ideal for law enforcement, with its thermal sensor able to quickly detect a suspect fleeing or hiding, and the digital night vision able to provide clear identification. Hunters can use the Trionyx thermal sensor to locate an animal, and then switch to digital to confirm the target before firing.
Combining the scanning range of a fixed-focus 384x288 thermal sensor—over 1,000 yards—with the target-identification capability of focusable digital night vision, very little can escape the Trionyx’s detection. With the included IR Illuminator, Trionyx Binoculars are the complete package.
Beyond the Trionyx’s multispectral capabilities, it is loaded with stunning technological features. Utilizing the built-in video recording, 16GB of memory and Wi-Fi connectivity, users can capture and save all their exciting memories. Robust and hardy from inception, Trionyx Binoculars have a 6-hour battery with the Pulsar TPS7 Li-Ion and IPX7 waterproof rating.
Key Features:
  • Multi-channel thermal/digital/fusion overlay imaging modes
  • 384x288 thermal resolution sensor
  • 1280x720 AMOLED display
  • 1280x720 CMOS Sensor
  • 1000yd Thermal Detection Range
  • 450yd Digital NV Detection Range
    • Focusable Digital NV for Positive Target Identification
  • Built-in 850nm IR Illuminator
  • Built-in Recording & Wi-fi capability
  • IPX7 Waterproof Rating
    • Functions after being submerged in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes
  • Shockproof Glass-Nylon Composite Body

Looks like the deer are staring right at the IR illuminator that's blasting downrange. From an advertising sheet, there's a T3 and a T3i version for either 850 or 940nm.

Here you can see a Swedish Moose about 15-20 meters away.

It walks past a glass house, notice the effect thermal vs IR in fusion mode.

Thermal cannot see through glass (except in Hollywood).

Wow, I was thinking anything under 5k would be a steal considering the feature set. Any idea when they will be available?
The performance of the thermal is not on the level of the Accolade 2 XP50, just so you know.
There can be some parallax shift between the Ir and the thermal, but thermal is 2.5x and Ir 3.5x so pretty good to check and then zoom in.

It's pretty fun to play around with and there aren't a lot of competitors. Are there any?

I checked with Pulsar and their reply was "As of right now, no we don’t have a helmet mounted unit available and not sure if/when Pulsar will have production on that unit."

Not an expert in these sorts of things but isn't IR infrared or thermal? I thought night vision was NV with thermal being IR. Just clarifying. Might make it easier for the search in future.

Frank

Not an expert in these sorts of things but isn't IR infrared or thermal? I thought night vision was NV with thermal being IR. Just clarifying. Might make it easier for the search in future.

Frank
Night vision is a large category encompassing both image intensification (i2) and thermal optics (among other things). I2 tubes like in night vision goggles can see visible as well as near infrared spectrums. You use an “IR laser” to aim with your NVGs, but it’s putting out NIR. Thermal optics see longer wavelengths of infrared energy, instead of visible or NIR. There’s a lot of intermingling terms.

There’s digital sensors that detect infrared energy in all three of the windows below (Short, Mid and Longwave). I2 tubes typical capture visible up to the bottom of SWIR to the left of the red box there.
160A7E5D-A7A3-4AA4-8D4E-40F7F0EFD695.png

I do understand what you're saying but in all the years I've been dealing with this stuff when someone says IR it normally means thermal. Has something changed recently?

Frank