• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pulsar Thermion 2 LFG XP50 Pro - Problems with Zero, LFG, and Ballistic Calcultor

Necromors

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2024
Minnesota
I am getting beyond frustrated.

Trying to figure out what is going on. I have the Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XP50 pro. Faxon barrel, Wylde, 1:8 twist. Shooting Hornady Varmints. .223 53 grain, suppressed.

I believe I have it zeroed in at 100m using the LRF and Stream Vision 2 ballistic calculator app. The ammo data is inputed into it. When I back up to about 200m or slightly more, use the built-in rangefinder, which I believe has adjusted the reticle - an "X" appears on the reticle where you should line up the shot -, all shots drop from 7 to 12 inches. There is slight windage to the right, but I believe that is more of me than anything.

Anyone have an idea? I am relatively new to shooting, but all groups are dropping well below the mark after supposedly the LRF and Ballistic calculator have meshed.

Also, I believe there may be a slight Zero wander from day to day. Not sure if because barrel warms up, or if that's even a thing. I shoot only 1-2 at a time, and break for a few minutes, or my brand new thermal is bad.

Thank you for any insight.

Saw a YouTube on making sure to Chrono your ammunition. Don’t trust the manufactures box. Will try that out. At first glance I guess that would make sense with a drop.