• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XP50 Issues

Necromors

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2024
Minnesota
I really want to love this scope, but I cannot get it dialed in. No matter what I do I cannot keep zero from 100 to 200. I have entered the ammo stats in the ballistic calculator. I have even chronoed the ammo to put in accurate mps/fps.

I have decided to try and set it up from scratch now that a new firmware update has come out, but I cannot seem to get old info deleted. I have reset the defaults on the scope. Deleted and removed the Stream app and ballistic calculator app, but when I restart the scope the old profile remains, and I can not find a way to delete it. Does any one if there is a factory reset option? I cannot find one, nor a way to delete the old profile off of the scope itself.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I was able to reset it to factory settings, and the old profile is gone. Here's to hoping it gets dialed in.

Second Update: It is now a paperweight. It will not turn on. Guess I will hope for an RMA.

Last edited:
Fear not. Sellmark will take care of you (unless they aren't doing the work anymore). It's frustrating as hell though, and I had a DOA Thermion XP50 about 4 years ago.

"Covid" was a thing then, so it took them 7 weeks to get a replacement...and the biggest pisser was having to send it and insure it on my dime. BUT I did get a new unit eventually.

The replacement blew about 100 pixels that I had to repair, but it has ran for probably 1,500 hours since.

I will miss it when it dies.

I will not replace it with another Pulsar.

I will miss it when it dies.

I will not replace it with another Pulsar.
Unless pulsar stops producing the Thermion scopes proprietary batteries, you might be using it for a long time.
The Apex scope I bought in 2014 and sold to a friend in 2016 is still going strong to this day.
OP, Please keep us updated on your repair results.

SJC

Reactions: diggler1833
Unless pulsar stops producing the Thermion scopes proprietary batteries, you might be using it for a long time.
The Apex scope I bought in 2014 and sold to a friend in 2016 is still going strong to this day.
OP, Please keep us updated on your repair results.

SJC

I too still use my Trail XQ38 for scanning off my back porch at night. Still going strong (knock on wood).