• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Pump pillow or nah?

Pocket

Monkey with a gun
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2019
Baton Rouge, La
So I find myself on the shorter side of average (height wisešŸ˜‚)

So on kneeling positions such as bottom positions on PRS barricade I go double knee down. Would it be better to use a pump pillow in these cases? I have a smaller one from a LGS here that is about 4ā€ thick and 10-12 in length. Basically a thick sheet of paper. If I am to start training/using one on the reg would one of the LARGE ones be best? Weibad/ AG?

Iā€™m only on rimfire currently, saw Chris Simmons had a large pump pillow in Italy so I see top level people using it. Iā€™m out of my depth here and could use some advice. Thanks!

I have a weibad strapless behemoth that I have used in lower spots but rear tripod has sort of trumped it for many things on the ranges I most frequent with smooth maintained shooting areas and no real terrain to deal with. On rocks etc the tripods and be more troublesome and the bags benefits can really start to come into play.

I say give it a try, find out how to get it slung right on you to where its helpful and accessible and not a hindrance. I have some shoelace tied to the right length so that when its slung across my body it presents in a comfy position, not too high and not to low.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcarpenter223
If you've practiced with it to not hinder you. Yes absolutely it is a gaming tool for matches.
Place, conditions and usage obviously come into play.
For a prs match or any match. Yes
For hunting, I wouldn't take it.
For tactical deployment, no unless your static and gear is not a concern.

I prefer the coletac and it's alittle cheaper than the wieband.

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
I see alot of people using them as a crutch becuase they cannot build a solid position. They have their place ( rooftops for example) but there is maybe 1 or 2 stages in a 2 day match that they are even needed.

The top shooters are 1 bagging it or tripod rear. Personally I would focus on building good solid positions with a single bag. Rimfire is full of people with garbage fundamentals who can't build solid positions. It's why centerfire guys who jump over tend to dominate.

Reactions: camocorvette