• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Purchasing non-nfa with a corp or trust

Conrad101st

Captain
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
OK
So if you go to Walmart and buy a Remington 870 shotgun with your farm corp., will the clerk actually let you put that corporate name down on the 4473? How does that effect the call in to the NICS?
Or does the NICS actually require the personal data of the officer buying on behalf of the corporation?

when i fill out my 4473s for my NFA stuff, i just put down my given name and not my trust name.

not sure if this helps.

are you looking to put your non-NFA firearms on your trust?

No, you cannot fill out a 4473 with a trust name. Even with a trust on a NFA item, the 4473 is filled out with the info from the individual on the trust who is actually taking possession of the item.

No, you cannot fill out a 4473 with a trust name. Even with a trust on a NFA item, the 4473 is filled out with the info from the individual on the trust who is actually taking possession of the item.

True 'dat.

YUP!!

If you go to this site you can print out your trust in as little as ten minutes..
Check it out!!

NFA Gun Trust Kit: Get your NFA Gun trust in as little as ten minutes.

ONLY $239
No Law Enforcement Signature needed
No Finger Print Cards
No Citizenship Form
No Passport Photo's
Can be used for form 1 and form 4 filings
Multi-users
Don't leave your loved ones wondering what to do with your NFA items.
HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE APPROVED BY THE ATF/NFA BRANCH..
NFA THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!

As indicated, you cannot buy non-NFA firearms in the name of a corp or trust - that is because a trust is not a legal "person" under title 1 of the Gun Control Act of 1968, but it is under title 2 (the NFA). Hence, you can buy NFA firearms in the name of a trust or corp. Then you come to the issue of the 4473 - it's a little hard to do background check on a trust or business entity. Even when buying an NFA firearm in the name of the trust, the trustee who picks up the NFA firearm completes the 4473.

As indicated, you cannot buy non-NFA firearms in the name of a corp or trust - that is because a trust is not a legal "person" under title 1 of the Gun Control Act of 1968, but it is under title 2 (the NFA). Hence, you can buy NFA firearms in the name of a trust or corp. Then you come to the issue of the 4473 - it's a little hard to do background check on a trust or business entity. Even when buying an NFA firearm in the name of the trust, the trustee who picks up the NFA firearm completes the 4473.

I wonder if you can place the items into the trust as "property" after they have been acquired. Strictly for purpose of inheritance? My trust has language preventing the inheritance of the items until all legal requirements are met. i.e. Age, Background check etc...