• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pure Precision actions

Buck300

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2013
Ct
Looking for some feedback on the Pure Precision SKLTN action.

Looking for some feedback on the Pure Precision SKLTN action.
My gunsmith and I just bought 2 SA mag bolt face SKLTN’s for 7-6.5 PRCW builds, it’s very much like a Defiance AnTi but has a 75deg bolt throw, It weighs the same weight as a Defiance XM length AnTi action, 21.9oz
Hopefully my rifle is together in the next cpl of weeks and can give you a better review on some practical use.

Attachments

• IMG_2898.jpeg
    IMG_2898.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 184
Reactions: Buck300
My gunsmith and I just bought 2 SA mag bolt face SKLTN’s for 7-6.5 PRCW builds, it’s very much like a Defiance AnTi but has a 75deg bolt throw, It weighs the same weight as a Defiance XM length AnTi action, 21.9oz
Hopefully my rifle is together in the next cpl of weeks and can give you a better review on some practical use.
What stock is that?

I've handled several, both steel and titanium. I think they are fantastic. I'm still partial to the BAT vampire/bumblebee, but have seen no reason not to like the skltn.

Reactions: WeatherbyFan
I was pretty close to trying one during the Black Friday sales they were cheap, but I ended up getting a nanook off Brownells for not much more. I’d like to know how it turns out as well.

I was pretty close to trying one during the Black Friday sales they were cheap, but I ended up getting a nanook off Brownells for not much more. I’d like to know how it turns out as well.
Yes Black Friday is when I ordered the actions as well, went back to order a cpl more long actions and sale was over….🙈 have to wait for the next sale I guess. !

Reactions: Jnull
I ordered the Ti Summit. At first I thought it was heavy and rough, greasing it good and cycling it a bunch over the course of 2 weeks helped it a bunch, on e I got it barreled and 2 dozen rounds thru it, I'm much happier with it. It's pretty smooth, some binding but only when I don't ring the bolt straight back. Overall, I call it good enough for a night hunting rifle. I will admit, in spoiled by my Zermatt TL3s and Ti3s. But it's far from apples-to-apples here due to the bolt throw.

1100$ or so vs the Ti3 at $1800, you decide, I'm not giving up any Zermatts for this, but for the guy who looks at these and says a barreled action or just the action at about the same price...this is a logical choice and a good one at that.

Attachments

• PXL_20231229_205135498.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231229_205135498.MP.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Dendro
Yes Black Friday is when I ordered the actions as well, went back to order a cpl more long actions and sale was over….🙈 have to wait for the next sale I guess. !

I keep a list in the notes section of my phone throughout the year of more expensive purchases I want to make. When Black Friday rolls around I start looking for deals and decide which of those purchases I want to make.

I've chambered barrels for at least 10 of them. The headspace and thread pitch is prefit compatible. The firing pin assembly is tool less for removal; which I really like. The customers have been extremely happy with them.

Reactions: browning442
A little review on the Pure Precision SKLTN action, overall its an excellent action, I really like the 75 deg bolt throw and the tool less firing pin assembly is a nice option as well, I have about 200 rounds through my 7-6.5 PRCW and fires and feeds perfectly, both our SA were a little weak on extraction of loaded rounds or fired cases, you definitely have to be firm with your cycling of the bolt,

IMG_3597.jpeg
IMG_3596.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

I've chambered barrels for at least 10 of them. The headspace and thread pitch is prefit compatible. The firing pin assembly is tool less for removal; which I really like. The customers have been extremely happy with them.
I’m probably asking this wrong but are there other brand prefix that will fit. For instance, will a Ruger or Zermatt prefix work?

I’m probably asking this wrong but are there other brand prefix that will fit. For instance, will a Ruger or Zermatt prefix work?
There are not any other shouldered Prefits that match up I am aware of. The headspace is different from other R700 based actions.

Last edited: