• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Purple eye?

Travelor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2003
Central Arkansas
I posted a question concerning the Can Cannon that uses a AR-15 lower and a factory made barrel/tube and the thread has a "purple eye" by the number of replies section. Any idea why the "purple eye" is there?

Because you are "watching" it. Everytime someone posts in it, you will get a notification.

After all the corona Crap in the media, I read the title thinking this was a new pandemic variation of Pink eye :LOL:
I have to admit that that's a bit cleaner than where my mind went... I was thinking that "purple eye" was an Urban Dictionary/sexual act involving a person's... uh... exhaust port.

I have to admit that that's a bit cleaner than where my mind went... I was thinking that "purple eye" was an Urban Dictionary/sexual act involving a person's... uh... exhaust port.
For me I thought it sounded like some kinda crazy scifi drug someone injects/sprays into their eye or that turns their eyes purple or something. Why that would be discussed in a semi-auto rifle forum, I don't know!

It may not be in the Urban Dictionary now, but with a bit of effort, it can be by the end of the day...

I thought the thread was going to be about getting "scoped" by a hard kicking rifle and/or a poorly placed optic.

I thought it was not controlling the recoil and having the scope smack in you in the eye, resulting in a "purple eye".