• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Purple heart info

LibertyArms

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2010
Southwest PA
Does anyone know of a site you can f ind info on the recipiant and or what it was given for. My wifes mother had one of her cousin and was going to pitch it as she did not know him. I snagged it up and was goign to try to find some info about it. I told her i would take it, as they dont hand them out to everyone. It is in the presintation case, along with some other small pins from local service in vfw, and also a small round pin, purple backing and a gold star in the center. says act of congress, august 1947

Thanks

Re: Purple heart info

You might try contacting whatever branch of service he was in and request information on his award. It should be listed in his ERB (if he is enlisted) or ORB is he is an officer. Human Resources Command (HRC for the Army if he was Army) would have or should have copies of the write ups for the award.

You might be hard pressed to get direct info but they might help you out.