• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Put a cork in it ...

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
You just can't make this shit up.

Un-spiked article link provided below: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2753816#Post2753816

Thank you, Fred C. Dobbs:

xm0nif.gif

From Lil' Miss Huffpo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/marines-ban-farting-afghanistan_n_935581.html

Re: Put a cork in it ...

audible fats arnt appreciated in any culture especially if they stink.But I would ask WTF is happening to the US millatary PR -I bet those in the PR coms office lay on their backs and get their office mates to give their tummies a scratch as theyre such F-in pussies

I'll take the smell of a beer fart over the BO of tango hotels anyday.

After being there and living in Kabul, Herat, Kandahar as in really living in those towns they can blow me!! There is nothing worse than being out in the field all day to get back to my room in the Villa and knowing upon opening the door that the LN housekeeper biotch we hired was in my room from the smell that was stuck to the wall...

I am not sure why the hell we go out of our way to not offend these people. Maybe I am a twisted person but I could give a damn about local cultures views on things. I have had the displeasure of doing this in Iraq and Afg. I understand that we would like to be in positive light in these peoples eyes for our soldiers but this seems retarded. Next thing you will see is encouragement to participate in Man Love Thursday so not to offend the locals.

Perhaps the sound of flatulence, suggesting intact sphincter integrity, is offensive to the unrequited aspirations of the ass raper cultures!

Is that 'Hearts and Minds' BS from the Army leaking over to the Marine Corps?

The leadership will never stop finding things that offend the locals in Afghanistan and Iraq. They completely overlooked the idea that maybe our very presence offends them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps the sound of flatulence, suggesting intact sphincter integrity, is offensive to the unrequited aspirations of the <span style="font-weight: bold">ass raper cultures</span>!
</div></div>

21no70x.jpg

What, you can't fart in the hills, either?

LoL, this is getting ridiculous. Seriously?
You think people were running around Stalingrad thinking, jeez, I shouldn't fart right now, or I ll get in trouble with the brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps the sound of flatulence, suggesting intact sphincter integrity, is offensive to the unrequited aspirations of the <span style="font-weight: bold">ass raper cultures</span>!
</div></div>

21no70x.jpg

What, you can't fart in the hills, either? </div></div>

I have heard it said young boy ass is a delicacy in Afagan culture--urban myth or real squeal like a pig non fiction horror story.If its true fartings the last thing anyone needs to be worrying about

It's un-spiked at Military Times:

For Marines in Afghanistan: be careful where you fart

August 23rd, 2011 | Afghanistan | Posted by Gina Cavallaro

Marine Corps Times is a family newspaper and we only rarely have offensive language in our stories.

But this week the word “fart” appears in a story I wrote about the importance of trust between Marines and the Afghan national army soldiers they work with.

I didn’t want to write this little blog entry about farts. It’s not even on my beat. But my colleague Dan Lamothe, whose byline you have seen here quite often, shamed me into it.

“You owe it to all Marines,” he told me.

So here’s the news: audible farting has been banned for some Marines downrange because it offends the Afghans.

I know there are many things in the Afghan culture that don’t seem normal to Americans and it’s hard to spend seven months working in someone else’s back yard. Still, the Marines I saw downrange are doing a pretty good job at trying to do the right thing around the Afghans.

They’re not supposed to cuss because it could be misunderstood (that one goes out the window a lot). And they stay away from talking about politics, religion or girls because those topics could escalate into major disagreements (they can’t communicate anyway because of the language barrier).

But farting? That’s practically a sport. Ok, it’s not soccer, but a good contest could open the door for cross-cultural exchanges, jokes and other gallows humor.

So, for all Marines getting ready to go downwind, I mean downrange, be forewarned — you may have to hold it in… at least until you get back to your hooch where you can loudly crop dust your friends.

Best fighting force on the planet, castrated by politicians that don't know how or WHEN to use them.

How sad...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not sure why the hell we go out of our way to not offend these people.</div></div>

I agree. Not the most PC thing to say, but fuck the Afghans. Those assholes should be on their knees thanking whatever power they beleive in that we are even there helping their sorry asses instead of packing up and leaving them to fend for themselves like we should have already done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps the sound of flatulence, suggesting intact sphincter integrity, is offensive to the unrequited aspirations of the ass raper cultures!
</div></div>

I figured someone would say something like this. I just spit out water laughing so hard at the way it was worded though. Bravo!!

+1 On who gives shit what the locals think, I've been there and I,m in Iraq as we speak and a good clean Frosted Flakes for breakfest fart kinda gives the place a homey atmosphere, just be warned it's so freaken hot here that spontainous combustion is a remote posibility.

Now how the hell does a haji(one who has learned teh Koran by memroy) smell a good old fashioned Marine fart over his own stench? I tell ya, after spending enough time searching those guys for CID, OSI, and every other organization that wanted intel, I know for a fact a guy can't smell jack or shit for about a week or so afterwords. That stench just clears out the nasal passages for weeks and kills any way to smell anything else for at least a few days at least. Damn, I can catch their scent just thinking about it, fuuuuuuck!

Fart On Marines!