• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing putting a 40 moa base on a 22lr?

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
just so i dont waste quite so much time searching options, is there any reason i cant drill and tap a cz 452 to accept a 40 moa base made for a diffrent rifle (remington sa for arguments sake)

Re: putting a 40 moa base on a 22lr?

I have a Murphy Precision CZ 40moa rail on my CZ 452 and highly recommend them. You don't need to drill and tap as the rail tightens over the dovetail. It's rock solid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSW7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Murphy Precision CZ 40moa rail on my CZ 452 and highly recommend them. You don't need to drill and tap as the rail tightens over the dovetail. It's rock solid. </div></div>

ill look into that, i could never find anyone who made a 40 moa base

do you have a link? i couldnt find it on their site

You will have to email them, it was a custom rail. I'm pretty sure they can do almost anything you want. Pricing was no different than their standard rails listed on their site.

If you want I can take a picture of the rail on my CZ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSW7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Murphy Precision CZ 40moa rail on my CZ 452 and highly recommend them. You don't need to drill and tap as the rail tightens over the dovetail. It's rock solid. </div></div>

do you have a link? i couldnt find it on their site</div></div>

Might check with Ken Farrell. I'm having one made up for a Dakota Longbow. Pricey, but WTF, in for a penny, you know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSW7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Murphy Precision CZ 40moa rail on my CZ 452 and highly recommend them. You don't need to drill and tap as the rail tightens over the dovetail. It's rock solid. </div></div>

do you have a link? i couldnt find it on their site</div></div>

Might check with Ken Farrell. I'm having one made up for a Dakota Longbow. Pricey, but WTF, in for a penny, you know?

</div></div>

quality always is pricey, after putting about 3500 in my rimfire i dont think a couple hundred more will break me. thanks for this tips, i didnt know folks would make a cusotm base

[/quote]

quality always is pricey, after putting about 3500 in my rimfire i dont think a couple hundred more will break me. thanks for this tips, i didnt know folks would make a cusotm base[/quote]

Contact via their website. Tell 'em what you got and what you're looking for. I sent out about a dozen emails and waited over a week to get a yes answer.

$197. But the stick cost $3100, glass another $3200, can/brake another $1500.

What the hell.

I made one out of a rem 700 40 moa base for my savage mk ii. I just matched the radius and cut it on the bottom of the rail then drilled mounting holes to match the savages holes. Works great and now i can get to 440 yds with a 1" tube optic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biscuit_75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made one out of a rem 700 40 moa base for my savage mk ii. I just matched the radius and cut it on the bottom of the rail then drilled mounting holes to match the savages holes. Works great and now i can get to 440 yds with a 1" tube optic </div></div>

thats what i was looking for, i didnt see any reason it would not work but i wanted to make sure