• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Putting a JP Red/Yellow 3.5 Spring Kit on a RRA NM trigger?

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Anyone done this? I sent two RRA NM triggers back to RRA to have them re-sprung to 3.5lb and am overall pleased but that didn't involve replacing the stock hammer / trigger springs.

I'd still like to take another .5 lbs. off. I plan on stoning them lightly with an Arkansas stone and polish with Mother's but if that doesn't get me there I was thinking of swapping out the springs to JPs.

I recently installed the JP springs on a LaRue MBT-2 and am very pleased and have had no light primer strikes.

Any thoughts and actual experiences? These are are both serious self defense shtf guns too but I shoot domestic ammo.

TIA

I have replaced two RRA varmint triggers with jp springs and they both work fine. I think they ended up around 3 pounds with some polishing and careful stoning but I don't think I'd trust it on a duty or self defence rifle.

Reactions: TexPatriot
Thank you. Thats what my most recent RRA is, the Varmint 3.5.

I can tune an AR trigger pretty good, but before I started, I picked up one of the AGI dvds from Midway about AR triggers. I pretty much knew how they worked, and figured I really didn’t need it, but I wanted to do it safely so I got the video. I picked up so many tips and safety things to be aware of! I’m really glad I went ahead and got it. I strongly recommend that people check it out. You might could even find it on YT or something. The guy that does it, is sort of an old fart, and does some old fart stuff (like I don’t), but I really learned a lot. Now my triggers are good AND safe.

Reactions: TexPatriot