• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Putting a new bolt knob on a CZ 453 ?'s

fish30114

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2010
Canton Georgia
I am interested in putting a new bolt knob on my CZ 453, I can't find any relevant intel doing a search here...

Anjyone know of any DIY options, would like to NOT have to send my bolt to someone to have it done if possible.

Thanks for any ideas/input

Re: Putting a new bolt knob on a CZ 453 ?'s

Scope clearances might be an issue, but I'm new to this rimfire game.

Ask over on rimfirecentral.com Lots more info there, though once you get out of the 10/22 areas they are a lot less tacticool/mall ninja so they may not have many answers. (Keep in mind that rimfire guys actually have to worry about making the rifle <span style="font-weight: bold">lighter</span> to meet specs.

XTR, good thought, one of the reasons I want a new bolt knob is to increase clearance...the factory geometry is just STUPID close to the ocular on any scope I can find--just don't know whu the mfgs don't design around that!

I'll take a look at RC

let us know what you end up doing. I have been thinking of doing somthing with the bolt on my 453.

Thinking of finding a local machine shop that can mill the bolt knob down to an appropriate size, and then thread it at the proper pitch to accomodate a knob such as the one ggmanning provided a link to---maybe way to much to that to do it--we will see!

Something else to think about with a different bolt knob, is it going to interfere with your trigger finger?

Granted I've got XXL size hands, (meaning I'm actually comfortable, center of the pad, with the trigger set) but my trigger finger almost grazes the stock bolt knob. If you put a longer one on there it might be a problem.

Hmmmm....I think I have to go a more 'finished' route....Will keep working on it!

I had Hooper do mine. Well wort the $$$. He's also doing a group buy on trigger guard

P1010013.jpg

Hi i fit Tac Ops knobs to them all the time they realy fit well i think a guy on Sniper Central posted a pic of the first one i did for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi i fit Tac Ops knobs to them all the time they realy fit well i think a guy on Sniper Central posted a pic of the first one i did for him.

</div></div>

PM sent