• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Putting target turrets on a NXS Compact?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Has anyone had Nightforce change the turrets on a compact NXS from regular capped turrets to the exposed turret (like on a regular NXS)? How long did it take and how much did it cost?

I have a 2.5-10x32 that I should have ordered with exposed turrets, but I got the capped turrets instead.

Thanks.
    -dan

Re: Putting target turrets on a NXS Compact?

Did mine a few months ago and it was about $300. Use the opportunity to convert to mil/mil(If you don't already have it).

DS,
    f.w.i.w...
    I've got three Compacts, two of which are the 24mm model with standard capped turrets. I've experienced zero problems with those little knobs out to 600yds on my .223 and 6x45. Usually shooting either inside of 500 though, so I'm still on the first turn with a 200yd zero. Therefore, it's not difficult dial back down to zero without a mechanical STOP present...

The 3rd is the 32mm with the exposed zero stop turrets, which is a VERY nice feature! But unless you specifically want the exposed turrets for the zero stop feature, just leave the caps off yours and spin away!

Just for perspective...

Thanks for the info.

I am using MOA/MOA.

If it is $300, I think I will sell this scope and buy a new one. I assume I can buy exposed turrets without a zero stop.

I think the small turrets would be fine on the range, but I think in the field it would be a problem. Right now I am just using the reticle for holdovers.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I assume I can buy exposed turrets without a zero stop.
    </div></div>
    On the NXS Compacts, I do believe the exposed turrets ARE the zero stop turrets...

I'd be very interested to see pictures of NF 2.5-10x24 with the exposed turrets that you are speaking of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be very interested to see pictures of NF 2.5-10x24 with the exposed turrets that you are speaking of. </div></div>

They're not difficult to find on the Nightforce website-it's picture #2.

compositeturrets.gif

The exposed knobs on the Compact models are ZeroStop only.....