• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Putting Timney trigger in RPR

goldeneagle

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
DE
Should be a 5-10 minute event but should you run into issues, try removing the stock. I had the old trigger out and the new one mounted up in about 3 minutes but the lower receiver WOULD NOT fit back on. I could take the safety selector off and it would slide right on. Could also see some rubbing marks on the upper "horseshoe" of the Timney. After scouring the interweb for about 10 mins I came across an article that said to try removing the 2 bolts holding the rear stock in place. Evidently there are very tight tolerances between the Timneys and SOME RPR stocks. I did this and voila...lower receiver popped right on. Tightened everything up and good to go!
Just figured I'd share the little tip in case any other RPR owners are dealing with the trigger issue.

^^^^^That. Here are a couple of pics that show the issue: The first shows the "Red Crescent of Doom" that signals the trigger isn't far enough forward. The second shows the hex bolts that will gain the needed clearance-almost.

Attachments

• photo51540.jpg
    photo51540.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
  • photo51541.jpg
    photo51541.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 42
Glad I saw this. I even sent my trigger back to Timney. Finally got it back on but my safety is super tight. I'll try reinstalling with those bolts loose.

Yeah, I was amazed how easy it dropped in once I googled the issue and tried it. So figured I would save someone some pain if I posted it on here.

Is anyone having a problem with the safety locking up and getting jammed. I installed my new timney yesterday and it worked for about 3 shots and froze up. Tried several things including a new safety selector. It's marring up the anodizing on the trigger where the safety sits on the trigger unit. I've taken it apart 10 times. Cannot find a solution. Safety keeps getting jammed. Getting very frustrated with this trigger

I ran mine through a precision rifle course, about 200-300 rds. Not one issue. Installing was a bit of a problem but completely removed pins for rear stock and it slid in like butter. Not one issue since.