• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA James Madison Chassis

Precisiondada

Lightly carbonated, serve chilled
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
Pyongyang, North Korea
Looks awesome!! Anyone get their mitts on one of these at Shot Show?

Attachments

• E97BEBC4-73BC-4841-87D2-7657428BCA30.png
    E97BEBC4-73BC-4841-87D2-7657428BCA30.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 335
Didn't even know they were bringing a chassis out, the carbon fiber sheeting looks nice.
I wonder if they will offer it as a folder ?

Patriot Valley Arms has developed a proprietary interface where the receiver bolts into the chassis so that epoxy resin based bedding is truly unnecessary. We call it "Elliptical Contact Bedding" made in such a way to maximize contact pressures and repeatability of location in the chassis whilst also providing a vibration-resistant joint without the need for expensive wedge washers or glue.
Feature List:
  • Carbon Fiber laminate load paths and structural members
  • Elliptical Contact Bedding interface
  • Full length, 17" ARCA-Swiss (1.5") Dovetail on Forend
  • Integrated Anschutz handstop rail
  • Picatinny Rail interface
  • Barricade Bump Bulkhead on chassis nose
  • Adjustable Length of Pull from 12-14.5"
  • Adjustable Cheek Riser
  • Clip-On weights for rapid weight changes and Center of Mass location tweaking
  • Weight kits allow changing configuration without removing the barreled action from the chassis.
  • Clip on Optic rail mount
  • Weight starts at 3lb and can range up to 8lb with weight kits.

PVA and ARC announced their new chassis system 899 or 999. Price is a bit more than MPA, and if get a used MPA...
But I think their chassis will be great, but we need to wait until May, and if there are too many people pre-order it. Probably need longer time

Yeah, neither the PVA JM or the ARC Xylo look appealing to me. The James Madison looks a LOT better than the Xylo, which looks like it's trying too hard to be the next Storm Trooper sci-fi wonder rifle than a comfortable, fieldable chassis, but maybe the actual end product will be more aesthetically pleasing.

The JM looks better, but I wonder how well the CF will hold up to actual hard use, getting dropped, banged around, etc. And I HAVE to believe the photos are a prototype only. No way I'd want a chassis with all those sharp edges and 90* corners everywhere to snag on stuff!

I get it, a chassis should be about fit and function first and look good last, but honestly, I'd take a KRG all week long and twice on Sunday at this point. Time will tell!

Totally agree.
If Darrel and his brother Daryl came our with this at shot, it would be a joke. But since it's PVA we all must behold in wonder.

Looks like a prototype at best.

The industry HAS to come out with innovations every year.
this seems to be a strait through recoil chassis that should be light weight.
then add all the PRS goodies and people will pick it up, guaranteed.

i personally think that all these new adjustable weight chassis should be cross marketed more toward hunters not tactical guys.
hunters usually need light weight adjustable LOP and cheek positions.
make it a 1 key size tool chassis and keep it on the rifle like AI does on the AX series and theyll have a winner.
make the chassis a universal cut and then add the mating surface for different types of actions to the main chassis, like a tooling change in a machine.

bolt holes are in a different place etc, who cares make a savage and rem 700 insert that goes in the chassis.

The james Madison chassis was only a prototype. Josh pulled the last pieces of the chassis out of the machine the night before he left for shot. How could that ever be a final production model? It was definitely a concept/prototype that is due for provisions. Even the grip. That isnt the grip it will even come with. Josh hasn't even 100% nailed down what he's doing for the grip. I know it will be vertical and much better than an A2 grip. The JMC will look and function a little different from the one at SHOT.