• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Labor Day Sale

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
PVA's Labor Day sale is live. We're running sales on barrel blanks from Rock Creek and Osprey Barrel Works as well as pre-fits, the entire bullet line up and associated accessory products.

www.patriotvalleyarms.com

Sale Code is 'TaxationIsTheft1787'

The list of custom prefits we make is about a page and a half long, similar to our reamer list.

We also have blanks and parts in stock for making smokeless muzzle loader conversions on all of those shouldered prefits.

Ordered 500 151gr Cayugas. Thanks!

What barrel blanks are the 6.5 creedmoor barrel-nut prefits? Osprey?
Also, are the pre-fits listed actually in-stock, or is there a lead time?

Last edited:
What barrel blanks are the 6.5 creedmoor barrel-nut prefits? Osprey?
Also, are the pre-fits listed actually in-stock, or is there a lead time?
The ones in stock sold over the weekend. There are 22 more here that are contoured and being cut to length and chambered this week and next week. A 24 or 26" M24 is going to ship faster than a 20" 3B
The barrel nut prefits, as stated in the description, are Rock Creeks.

You can order an Osprey with a barrel nut configuration but it's a custom order.

wow... wish you had a 8tw in the 6mm barrel. be perfect for my 6mm Rem build.

What’s the discount on osprey pre fits is it the 650 listed or is there a percentage off of that after the code is entered

wow... wish you had a 8tw in the 6mm barrel. be perfect for my 6mm Rem build.
I ordered some 8tw barrels from Rock but they're several months away likely.
I have a 6mm Rem reamer setup specifically for shooting 105 Hybrids in a SA AICS 308 magazine. It runs like a scalded ape with 7tw barrels. With our 95 Senecas in it I strongly suspect you could put them close to 3600fps since we're shooting them over 3400 with 6 Creeds.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I ordered some 8tw barrels from Rock but they're several months away likely.
I have a 6mm Rem reamer setup specifically for shooting 105 Hybrids in a SA AICS 308 magazine. It runs like a scalded ape with 7tw barrels. With our 95 Senecas in it I strongly suspect you could put them close to 3600fps since we're shooting them over 3400 with 6 Creeds.

crazy.... so a 7tw should shoot 95/100 grain partitions or BTs fine?

crazy.... so a 7tw should shoot 95/100 grain partitions or BTs fine?
I've never tried partitions in one that fast personally. I have shot the thin-skinned 105's and 107 SMK's from a 7tw without problems. I don't see why a heavy built partition would have problems if the light jacketed match bullets don't.

Another option is to look at the 100gr Cayuga solid that we make as well. You can't blow those up because they're solid copper, the BC is higher than the partition by A LOT and the weight retention, penetration, and damage it will cause is easily a match for what a partition can do.

Reactions: CJC73
What's the twist in the Rock-Creek .30-cal prefits? Looking for a 9-10 tw for an 18" er.

Josh possibly looking to do a shoulder prefit 300 win mag and shoot your 212 bullets. I need a 1-8 twist for those and I don't see option anywhere to add that. What do I need to do? Barrel?

Dumb question; on the 6 cm chamberings is the short throat meant for lighter bullets and the PVA standard good all around for various bullets? (What's the freebore on the PVA standard?)

What's the twist in the Rock-Creek .30-cal prefits? Looking for a 9-10 tw for an 18" er.

Barrel Twist Rates

Button RifledCut Rifled
.224 – 7tw.224 – 7tw Standard;8tw & 9tw Available on Custom Order
6mm (.243) – 7tw6mm (.243) – 7tw Standard; 7.5tw & 8tw Available on Custom Order
6.5mm – 8tw6.5mm – 8tw, 7.5tw Available on Custom Order
7mm (.284) – 8tw7mm (.284) – 8tw Standard; 7.5tw Available on Custom Order
.308 – 9tw.308 – 9tw Standard; 7tw, 8tw, 10tw Available on Custom Order

Josh possibly looking to do a shoulder prefit 300 win mag and shoot your 212 bullets. I need a 1-8 twist for those and I don't see option anywhere to add that. What do I need to do? Barrel?
I've ordered some 8's but we never stocked them before so I'm waiting for them to arrive, which is why they're not on the website for purchase yet.
If you have a barrel blank available we can cut it right away. Otherwise I won't be able to do it til I have those blanks, which is when I will open orders for that twist rate on the website.

Dumb question; on the 6 cm chamberings is the short throat meant for lighter bullets and the PVA standard good all around for various bullets? (What's the freebore on the PVA standard?)
The short throat is 0.150
The standard throat we don't publish. It's a little different than SAAMI but it works so well with all the factory options: PRIME, Federal, Hornady all shot sub MOA at 1000yd with it consistently, and we don't publish stuff we've had to figure out the hard way.

It works very well though.

I apologize, I didn’t check the site. What’s current turn times on a shouldered prefit? Just got news my new action is shipping on Monday. 😁

Will there be any Tikka 223 barrel nut pre-fits in stock before the sale is over?

Broke my osprey barrel in from pva over the weekend shooting the guardian match at Altus. It shot lights out all weekend. Definitely would order another.

Reactions: bohem
Is there a way to parlay this sale on a blank towards a situation where I send in my existing barreled action for old barrel removal, chambering and install of the new blank into the action?

Headspacing and room for a barrel vise setup is just a bit beyond me at this point, nor am I shooting quite enough to warrant a switch barrel setup at this point.

Can you do a shouldered prefit for a Howa 1500?
We need the action here.

Will there be any Tikka 223 barrel nut pre-fits in stock before the sale is over?
Doubtful, if you want one it's best to order it so it's in the production queue for me to make it with the next batch.
@bohem - Do you have a 6.5 x 284 reamer?? Don't see it listed as an option.
We don't. It's so infrequent that I get asked to make one that when I wore out the last reamer after 7 years I didn't buy another one.

Is there a way to parlay this sale on a blank towards a situation where I send in my existing barreled action for old barrel removal, chambering and install of the new blank into the action?

Headspacing and room for a barrel vise setup is just a bit beyond me at this point, nor am I shooting quite enough to warrant a switch barrel setup at this point.
Sale is over as of 12:01 AM
We offered sale prices on the blanks for 2 weeks, we don't offer sale prices on the labor except for prefits as a complete barrel. We can certainly do it but it's not something that I offer on sale.

Does the sale end today? Looking for Zeus 223 m24 contour
Sale ended at Midnight last night.
We can make that barrel on a custom order, we don't stock something like that.

Reactions: 308ftWIN
6-8 depending on what you ordered. If it's being cerakoted it adds about another 10 days or so.
Couldn't help myself
1634675544796.png

• Haha
Reactions: RS14
I got COVID in the beginning of October, I'm back at the shop now. Thankfully not too serious but did knock me off my feet for about a week and a half.
Glad your better covid sucks!!!!! I was out 2 months or so from work from it. Was hospitalized and on oxygen for awhile. Whole family had wasn't fun at all.

Glad your better covid sucks!!!!! I was out 2 months or so from work from it. Was hospitalized and on oxygen for awhile. Whole family had wasn't fun at all.
Oof! 2 months is ROUGH
One of my boys got it, he handled it like most kids: he was fine in less than 3 days. Trouble for us schedule-wise is that neither can go to school til the middle of next week so my wife and I are splitting days with the kids and trying to work in the meantime. I'm getting stuff done though so it could always be worse. Glad to hear you're back at it.

Oof! 2 months is ROUGH
One of my boys got it, he handled it like most kids: he was fine in less than 3 days. Trouble for us schedule-wise is that neither can go to school til the middle of next week so my wife qand I are splitting days with the kids and trying to work in the meantime. I'm getting stuff done though so it could always be worse. Glad to hear you're back at it.
Our kids we back running around also in 2 to 3 days like it was nothing. Yeah our kids missed the first month of school. The oldest daughter never got it and missed more school because she had to wait longer to make sure she wasn't dormant

Our kids we back running around also in 2 to 3 days like it was nothing. Yeah our kids missed the first month of school. The oldest daughter never got it and missed more school because she had to wait longer to make sure she wasn't dormant
Man that's a pain. That's what we're in right now with the younger one. But since the younger one is quarantined then the older one has the same "go back" date as him. Which makes me scratch my head...

Glad you’re back. I got it last month despite the vaccine
Damn dude, that blows. Glad you're OK.

I got COVID in the beginning of October, I'm back at the shop now. Thankfully not too serious but did knock me off my feet for about a week and a half.
Glad you are doing alright man, my wife and I had it. Don't mind us rifle parts fiends. I just found out I'm having twins so the shooting budget just got drained :cry: hope this next prefit lasts me a while haha

Man that's a pain. That's what we're in right now with the younger one. But since the younger one is quarantined then the older one has the same "go back" date as him. Which makes me scratch my head...

Damn dude, that blows. Glad you're OK.
This whole covid-19 thing and system sucks. I don't wish it on anyone. Our friends have it and the guy just went on a ventilator. Hopefully all this passes....

On side note been thinking have you had any reports with people using the 7mm 170 hunting bullet to shoot targets out to 2100 yards? It has great bc and was thinking just use those and don't have to switch barrels for hunting season or even resight in just practice at the short ranges a 1 bullet do all deal

This whole covid-19 thing and system sucks. I don't wish it on anyone. Our friends have it and the guy just went on a ventilator. Hopefully all this passes....

On side note been thinking have you had any reports with people using the 7mm 170 hunting bullet to shoot targets out to 2100 yards? It has great bc and was thinking just use those and don't have to switch barrels for hunting season or even resight in just practice at the short ranges a 1 bullet do all deal
I wish the best for your friend on the vent. That's not good news...

I have a buddy who's been shooting them casually at a mile and been very happy with it. He doesn't compete but he said it's fully capabable of sub MOA performance at those distances and he's using 0.366-0.367 G7 single value average out there. The BC is high enough on this bullet that a single value G7 starts to degrade just like the G1's do, so stepped G values are something I think I'm going to work on creating over the next year for folks that want to shoot past 1500-2000yd

I wish the best for your friend on the vent. That's not good news...

I have a buddy who's been shooting them casually at a mile and been very happy with it. He doesn't compete but he said it's fully capabable of sub MOA performance at those distances and he's using 0.366-0.367 G7 single value average out there. The BC is high enough on this bullet that a single value G7 starts to degrade just like the G1's do, so stepped G values are something I think I'm going to work on creating over the next year for folks that want to shoot past 1500-2000yd
Well sounds like it's worth a shot. Still one of the highest 7mm bc on hunting bullet that works good. I wouldn’t see why they wouldn't perform great at those distances. It sure would be nice to have a do all bullet

@bohem are you guys going to do a run on BR mag kits any time soon? I'd add 1 on an order if you have any in stock