• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Osprey 6mm ARC barrel shipping

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Posted in a few other threads but figured I would start my own for my 6mm ARC journey. Got some ammo I bought here on the Hide, bolt face for my TL3 and a couple of 12 round MDT mags ready to go and a little while ago Josh @bohem from PVA sent me this pic and said my barrel was shipping today! Pretty pumped. Specs are:
Osprey Comp Contour
26”
7 twist
5/8-24 muzzle with Jet Blast brake
And their new Spiral Fluting.

The fluting is new to me but I thought it looked pretty cool so figured I would try it when I ordered. I am really happy with how it turned out. I will post pics of the whole rifle when the barrel shows up. I pulled the barrel off my .223 rifle and changed the bolt face out so all ready to go.

7262BBE1-0926-4A55-9F73-FD7148F2809E.jpeg
E9DAF011-8FF4-4FBB-A565-F7ED89C32F55.jpeg

Why a 7T instead of the norm/usual for 6mm 7.5T..?

The Osprey blanks come in 7 twist, which is the main reason, but I would have gone 7 given the choice for the ARC anyways. The extra twist will help with the lower velocities and heavier bullets to give stability and the bottom line it doesn't hurt anything. I have two 6 Creedmoor barrels with 7 twist Ospreys shooting 108s and 110s and they shoot great. I used a 7.7 twist with the 6 Creed before and the 7 shoots as good if not a hair better. That little .5 difference of twist doesn't hurt anything.

Reactions: CK1.0
Also shooting a PVA 6ARC but on the CDG. Accuracy is there on the first 60 rounds so far. Once it gets up around 150, I’ll start grouping it with a day scope instead of the thermal that’s on it.

I’m using it for hunting to see if the 16.5” barrel is as deadly as I need it to be. So far so good with 103 factory Black Hills. Next up is 108 Hornady ammo.

This is my first Osprey barrel and I’m quite pleased with it. The 6mm ARC is a known quantity for me and was the safe bet for a low recoil fur rifle.

I have been looking at getting one of these barrels for my ARC CDG my only question is are they cut riffling? I think they are but they don't explicitly say

I have been looking at getting one of these barrels for my ARC CDG my only question is are they cut riffling? I think they are but they don't explicitly say

Not sure. @bohem can you answer that? Whether cut or button all I know is they shoot. My others are great.